Free agency thread

Sports Guy

Tigers got Pineda for Lyles money; Dodgers paired some Tyler Anderson now with their Danny Duffy later; that closes out all SP who made either ESPN or Fangraphs offseason Top 50.

Johnny Cueto is the last unsigned SP Fangraphs asked their readers to crowdsource.

Correa-Story-Castellanos-Conforto-Kenley-Pham-Soler look like last seven biggies.

1 hour ago, Just Regular said:

Tigers got Pineda for Lyles money; Dodgers paired some Tyler Anderson now with their Danny Duffy later; that closes out all SP who made either ESPN or Fangraphs offseason Top 50.

Johnny Cueto is the last unsigned SP Fangraphs asked their readers to crowdsource.

Correa-Story-Castellanos-Conforto-Kenley-Pham-Soler look like last seven biggies.

Kenley got 1/16 from Braves 

Just now, DrinkinWithFermi said:

So the Twins really were clearing payroll space for Correa with the Donaldson trade.

Makes the Yankees look pretty dumb, which is always nice.

Ok that gives me a little satisfaction for the Orioles not signing Correa. Cashman is getting schooled by small market clubs now. 

They funded the Twins ability to get a player that they could have really used at SS. 

3 hours ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

Ok that gives me a little satisfaction for the Orioles not signing Correa. Cashman is getting schooled by small market clubs now. 

They funded the Twins ability to get a player that they could have really used at SS. 

The Yankees have arguably the best SS prospect in baseball who could be in the picture this year but likely 2023. 

4 hours ago, Sports Guy said:

The Yankees have arguably the best SS prospect in baseball who could be in the picture this year but likely 2023. 

On this part of it, I smell a little Yankee BS on the prospect industrial complex falling all over Anthony Volpe, and with my orange colored glasses feel like Gunnar Henderson is almost the same guy.

The BS part is Volpe just happens to be a Jersey kid and on the Yankees.    

Volpe did demonstrate way better contact ability (101 K in 513 PA last year, to Gunnar's 143K in 463 PA) so...turning back towards a Minors board oriented world view again, it'll be interesting to see if at AA Gunnar can keep his K rate to the mid 20's.   

The Baysox don't play Somerset until after the 4th of July, but fair chance both guys are still there then even if their AA debut seasons are solid.

31 minutes ago, waroriole said:

Better contract than what Bryant got. That said, they’re both bad. 

Bryant's is kind of like... why? I guess if they keep him at 3B that has value. As an OF I dont like it at all. Castellanos as a part time bad OF and DH...well at least he can hit, and its only 5 years.