28 man opening day roster - so who's on it?

seak05

2 hours ago, MurphDogg said:

I agree that it would look bad if Adley hadn't gotten hurt and still went to AAA, but unless you think the Orioles are faking Adley's injury, not sure what else they should have done. 

They should put him on the OD roster, transfer him to the DL and be eligible for the draft pick.

Work out an extension.

1 hour ago, Can_of_corn said:

You think that Elias isn't factoring in service time and potential competitive window in his promotion schedule?  You think he's just going by the "when he's ready" metric?

I certainly hope he’s factoring those things in.   It would be GM malpractice not to.   However, even without those factors, I don’t know if many teams would have jumped Grayson to the majors on Opening Day this year.   It’s possible some would have.   

I think the short spring training made it harder to get a good look at Rodriguez this spring.   In a different year maybe he gets three early appearances that he didn’t get this year.

23 minutes ago, Camden_yardbird said:

Akin is a super unlucky pitcher.  The underlying stats are there for success.

Maybe.  I see inconsistency in stuff and command from outing to outing. 

He can come out throwing 91-92 or 94-95.  Never know quite what you are going to get. Change and slider look great at times, mediocre at others.