28 man opening day roster - so who's on it?

seak05

On 3/29/2022 at 8:44 AM, Matt Bennett said:

Baumann started last year on the injured list. He had a couple starts at a lower affiliate before being run through Bowie to “check off that box” as Elias likes to say. He really struggled at first before putting together an impressive string of starts that carried over to AAA. I’m really thinking forward to seeing him this year and I agree the AAA rotation is where he should start. It feels a bit like his prospect shine has worn off. I’d like to know why that is (I didn’t see him in his limited ML action last year.) 

Came in to a bases-loaded, 2-out situation with the Twins just now in the 6th, and retired the batter on a foul popup at 1B on 3 pitches.  

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

Officially we know it won’t be Adley.  

Ugh, matter of weeks. I thought he was progressing well and hitting and throwing.  I hope this isn't the classic Orioles case of saying a guy will be out longer then they originally say. I still fear this snowballs and in a week from now its the same thing and weeks turns to a month. 

1 minute ago, Orioles0615 said:

Ugh, matter of weeks. I thought he was progressing well and hitting and throwing.  I hope this isn't the classic Orioles case of saying a guy will be out longer then they originally say. I still fear this snowballs and in a week from now its the same thing and weeks turns to a month. 

Well you figure he rehabs, gets in some time in extended ST and goes to the minors for 5 games or so.

Probably puts him up here around May 1 if there are no setbacks..which just also happens to be at a point in the season where they gain the extra year of service time.

2 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

Well you figure he rehabs, gets in some time in extended ST and goes to the minors for 5 games or so.

Probably puts him up here around May 1 if there are no setbacks..which just also happens to be at a point in the season where they gain the extra year of service time.

I don't mind the rehab in AAA before he comes up, its more of the worry that in a week or two we will be reading the same that he isn't ready for games and is still hitting off a tee and light throwing but progressing nicely.