Kyle Stowers 2022

Tony-OH

We called up Terrin Vavra in the middle of a hot streak (he was OPS'ing 1.1.12 over his last 7 games in the minors and .910 over his last 28) and we see how well that worked out for us.

On the other hand, Rutschman was called up during a cold streak and while he of course did eventually right the ship, he was definitely hurtin' for a little while up there.

I'm all for getting a guy while he's hot up here.  Both Henderson/Stowers are hot right now (and Westburg is decidedly not), so I'd bring both of them up, IMO.

2 hours ago, waroriole said:

LOL does he qualify for the team lead with only 38 PAs? Phillips only has 37. That’s quite the SSS you’ve built your decision on. 

Yet It seems to be a large enough sample size for you to call him a terrible hitter. Go figure

5 minutes ago, owknows said:

Yet It seems to be a large enough sample size for you to call him a terrible hitter. Go figure

What are you talking about? I’m saying he’s a poor hitter based on 314 career PAs where he’s put up a .610 OPS. You’re using the 38 PAs this year as an argument. 

17 minutes ago, waroriole said:

What are you talking about? I’m saying he’s a poor hitter based on 314 career PAs where he’s put up a .610 OPS. You’re using the 38 PAs this year as an 

McKenna posted  a .558 OPS IN 2021

McKenna has thus far posted a .694 OPS IN 2022

He has also posted a .927 OPS in 35 ABs against lefties.

All in a whopping half season of combined MLB play

I think it's a stretch... in fact a little silly to dismiss that as a terrible hitter

But whatever.

4 hours ago, seak05 said:

Yeah. McKenna isn’t as bad a hitter as some on this board make him out to be, but it’s not the strength of his game either. 

on the other hand, lumping him in with nevin/phillips (and odor who wasn’t even mentioned), is equally ridiculous 

He’s having a much better season offensively than last year (.694 OPS vs. .559).  At .694 you can justify carrying a defense-first OF.

1 hour ago, Sports Guy said:

Odor is vital to the teams success.  Duh!    

Haha I thought my mildly critical post of Bradish would end up being the worst aging post of the night but you win. 

for the record game winning home run and all I am ready for Stowers to come up. Send down Nevin and Odor to the bench 

• Upvote 2

54 minutes ago, RVAOsFan said:

Haha I thought my mildly critical post of Bradish would end up being the worst aging post of the night but you win. 

for the record game winning home run and all I am ready for Stowers to come up. Send down Nevin and Odor to the bench 

That's the correct move as I don't see the need for Nevin on this team, especially at the cost of not having Stowers on the roster.