Drew Rom 2022

MurphDogg

3 hours ago, jabba72 said:

4 innings 58 pitches and 4 K's for Rom. Hit 92 one the one reading given on the broadcast so far.

14 pitches without recording an out in the 5th inning.  Still a decent line on the night, but could have been better.   The reliever did a good job of keeping any more runs on the board that inning.   

16 hours ago, Frobby said:

14 pitches without recording an out in the 5th inning.  Still a decent line on the night, but could have been better.   The reliever did a good job of keeping any more runs on the board that inning.   

Rom went to alot of deep counts this game, only one Walk though so looks good on his stat sheet.  

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/4/2022 at 6:04 PM, Frobby said:

3.98 ERA, 1.43 WHIP, 11.1 K/9, 3.6 K/BB.

The WHIP is a little high, driven by 22 hits in 20.1 IP.   But based on K’s, maybe a little unlucky.   

With an 11 K/9 rate, and a 0 HR rate, I'd imagine his FIP is better than his actually ERA, but I don't know where to find that for MiLers.

The WHIP is high, and I notice his BB/9 is a bit higher than it has been in the past.

For all the talk of him being "finesse," he's still missing a lot of bats.

On 5/5/2022 at 11:14 PM, Pickles said:

With an 11 K/9 rate, and a 0 HR rate, I'd imagine his FIP is better than his actually ERA, but I don't know where to find that for MiLers.

The WHIP is high, and I notice his BB/9 is a bit higher than it has been in the past.

For all the talk of him being "finesse," he's still missing a lot of bats.

His FIP is 2.18

https://www.fangraphs.com/players/drew-rom/sa3007848/stats?position=P

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Was placed on the 7-day IL on 7 May. His injury as usual is undisclosed.

The Lefty was coming ff his longest start of the season when he went 80 pitches over 5.1 IP, allowing just two runs. 

Rom has dominated lefties (.077/.143/.115/.258 in 28 PAs) this year but has struggled with right-handers (.370/.426/.407/.834 in 61 PAs) in his 5 starts. His lack of success against right-handers highlights his need for an effective consistent changeup. 

He has not allowed a home run in his  20.1 IP

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

He's pitching tonight.    At 30 IP, he is sitting 18th of 58 Eastern League pitchers in K-BB% in a start to the year probably not what he was hoping for.   But past whatever hiccup the recent injury was, and lot of season to go.

At age 22 that's young among the 30 IP Eastern League qualifiers get, and there's just a few that young ahead of him.

https://www.fangraphs.com/leaders/minor-league?pos=all&level=0&lg=5&stats=pit&qual=30&type=1&team=all&season=2022&seasonEnd=2022&org=&ind=0&splitTeam=false&players=&sort=11,1

His Pitches/Turn down into the 60's YTD after 2019 and 2021 well above.

• Upvote 1