Coby Mayo 2022

ChuckS

After his 2-run, left field, 373-ft homer, he then struck out 4 times and walked once.

One of those Ks was on three swing-and-miss sliders out of the zone with the bases loaded where he was clearly trying to hit it out.

But the last was a 6-pitch AB that went full where he took every pitch and was called out looking. A few of those six were really good takes.

So, a mixed bag of learning experiences.

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, Sports Guy said:

I have a feeling Mayo may be a guy that is moved in the coming weeks if they decide they want to get a pitcher who can be here for multiple years.

Seems right, right? Highly ranked prospect, would be coveted, but after this draft, O's still have 4-6 potential players ranked higher, so you're not trading from the real meat of the system, and maybe can get a really attractive pitcher in return.

28 minutes ago, Absltgreek said:

Seems right, right? Highly ranked prospect, would be coveted, but after this draft, O's still have 4-6 potential players ranked higher, so you're not trading from the real meat of the system, and maybe can get a really attractive pitcher in return.

I don’t think any of these guys, outside of Holliday, would or should be ranked higher than Mayo.

That said, they are building depth in the IF and in power bats and if the info I have is correct and Aberdeen and Bowie are being scouted, Mayo represents a realistic target for teams and could be someone the Os are ok with trading.  Not a huge fan of it but you need to trade something to get something.