Colton Cowser 2022

ShoelesJoe

51 minutes ago, NelsonCruuuuuz said:

3 for 3 and 2 walks, more like this please! Maybe he’ll be the new face of the Nashville Angelos’ 🤬🤬🤬

I don’t know,  Tides playing in Nashville this week and new call-ups Henderson and Westburg are kickin’ the Sounds! 😆

• Upvote 1

Last 6 games.

8 - 23   3 walks  3 strikeouts, 4 doubles

Arguably, his best game of the year last night considering he made no outs and had 5 total bases.   He had 6 TB twice previously.    The key is what does he do over the next week.   Is he turning a corner?

5 minutes ago, waroriole said:

He’s improving but the power is non-existent so far. The hit tool will have to be elite for him to have a ML impact. Probably why the Orioles were messing with his swing. 

I wouldn't say non-existent.  Maybe the homerun power is non existent but he's got 14 doubles, 2 3B's, and 2 homers.   There's something there.  He's not a singles hitter.    Right now, I'd say he's a 30-40 doubles guy with 12-15 homerun power, if I had to guess.   The Orioles probably loved the hit tool and hoped he could tap into 25 home run power.     He may have to figure it out on his own.   He certainly couldn't make the adjustments that were mentioned to him.   I do agree, he'll need to be a .300 ish hitter with good OBP to have some impact at the ML level if the home runs are light.

10 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

I wouldn't say non-existent.  Maybe the homerun power is non existent but he's got 14 doubles, 2 3B's, and 2 homers.   There's something there.  He's not a singles hitter.    Right now, I'd say he's a 30-40 doubles guy with 12-15 homerun power, if I had to guess.   The Orioles probably loved the hit tool and hoped he could tap into 25 home run power.     He may have to figure it out on his own.   He certainly couldn't make the adjustments that were mentioned to him.   I do agree, he'll need to be a .300 ish hitter with good OBP to have some impact at the ML level if the home runs are light.

You’re describing Nick Markakis.  Maybe with a little more speed.   I’d gladly take that outcome.  Let’s see if Cowser can do that.  

4 minutes ago, Frobby said:

You’re describing Nick Markakis.  Maybe with a little more speed.   I’d gladly take that outcome.  Let’s see if Cowser can do that.  

Yea, we'd all take Markakis with more speed.

Folks here continue to have unrealistic prospect expectations.

Nick ended up being the most valuable player in his draft class right?

• Upvote 3

23 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

From a WAR standpoint, Ian Kinsler (54.1) is the top from the 2003, followed by Markakis (33.6) and Adam Jones (32.6).  Kinsler was drafted in the 17th round out of University of Missouri, so he was definitely under everyone’s radar.  But, yeah, Markakis with speed would be a slam-dunk pick regardless of what anyone else in the draft class does.

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Can_of_corn said:

Second most, to Ian Kinsler, picked in the 17th round.  Adam Jones was 3rd.  It was a very weak draft class.