Michael Baumann 2022

Just Regular

2 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

Hard not to like what I saw last night. Baumann sat 95-97, and was at 97 in the the 6th inning after 90+ pitches. His slider was diving pretty good and he was mixing in his curve and even a change on occasion. Mostly fastball, slider, he looks like he could certainly help out of the bullpen down the stretch.

I watched a little last night on rewind.    He looked free and easy which I hadn't really seen before.  As they say, the ball was coming out of his hand really well.    I only watched a couple of innings but no one was squaring up his fastball at all.   The other pitches had their moments, one really good changeup to a LH, but none seemed consistent.   I saw one breaking pitch with really good 12-6 break but it wasn't there consistently.   Still, the fastball was impressive.   13 strikeouts in 6 innings!    That's not easy to do and it seemed like they had quite a few LH hitters in the lineup.

1 hour ago, Tony-OH said:

Hard not to like what I saw last night. Baumann sat 95-97, and was at 97 in the the 6th inning after 90+ pitches. His slider was diving pretty good and he was mixing in his curve and even a change on occasion. Mostly fastball, slider, he looks like he could certainly help out of the bullpen down the stretch.

Maybe he's still getting better after that injury a couple of years ago? Crazier things have happened. Pre-injury, we were all pretty darn bullish on him. Looked like a stud for a while there. What a boon that would be for next year in particular.