Connor Norby 2022

Just Regular

The kid who volunteered Whit Merrifield as a big leaguer he liked growing up honored "Two-Hit Whit" with his second multi-hit game in the first four tonight.

I don't think he can make it to Bowie as fast as Cowser, but nice to see him keeping up with him as the 1-2 punch at the top of the Ironbirds lineup in the early going.

On 4/12/2022 at 11:20 PM, Just Regular said:

The kid who volunteered Whit Merrifield as a big leaguer he liked growing up honored "Two-Hit Whit" with his second multi-hit game in the first four tonight.

I don't think he can make it to Bowie as fast as Cowser, but nice to see him keeping up with him as the 1-2 punch at the top of the Ironbirds lineup in the early going.

There's no place for him to play in AA, but if Westburg gets a promotion to AAA, I could see Norby getting the AA call if he's doing well. He's outhit Cowser through the first 5 games so he's off to a nice start.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, ChuckS said:

HBP in the first at bat of the game and immediately taken out. Hope it wasn’t around the hand and this was just precautionary. 

2B prospects dropping like flies. Vavra, Prieto, now Norby. 

Apparently hit in the head. Hope he is ok. Horrible. 

• Upvote 1

Was placed on the 7-day IL on 14 May. 

He's slashing .264/.337/.506/.842 in 104 PAS, smacking 5 2Bs and 5 HRs. The best news is he had committed an error all season after being a bit error prone last year. 

Hopefully he'll be back once the 7-day is up.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hadn't heard his name in a while, so I went looking.  IL for a swollen eye.  Weird.  

Norby's batted ball profile has shifted a bit from last year as well.  More in the air and a jump in Pull% (33.8 to 44% - and nearly matching decrease of Oppo%).  Naturally Babip drops, with the AVG.  Drop in BB%, K%, and BB/K.  Notable ISO gains.  He's obviously trying to tap into a bit more power as well - like Cowser, Westburg, Henderson.

Only thing really surprising (to me) is 4 SB to 3 CS.  Nearly everyone in Aberdeen is stealing and not getting caught.  A few places had Norby listed as average/50 grade speed.  Still more to learn from Norby, but really didn't expect the 42+% CS rate in A ball.

38 minutes ago, btdart20 said:

Hadn't heard his name in a while, so I went looking.  IL for a swollen eye.  Weird.  

If I recall he took a pitch to the head/face a few weeks ago, swollen eye is probably just the main remaining issue luckily. Could have been much worse.

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Absltgreek said:

If I recall he took a pitch to the head/face a few weeks ago, swollen eye is probably just the main remaining issue luckily. Could have been much worse.

I don't understand why every player doesn't use that cheek guard addition to their batting helmet.