Friday, April 15: Yankees come to town

SteveA

I love Urias bypassing the interpreter to do the interview in English.  As someone that is learning Spanish and is around the same level as he is in English...it takes balls to put yourself out there.  Good for him. 

Maybe someday I can have a walkoff win and do the post-game interview in Spanish.

• Upvote 3

8 minutes ago, Aristotelian said:

Boone was not wrong, the umpire was awful and several of those pitches to Urias we're close

I thought the calls during that at bat were correct.   The previous pitcher got ripped off during the Gutiérrez at bat.  Tough.

3 minutes ago, spiritof66 said:

Boone's being interviewed. Says he thought the last pitch was high but there were lots of other bad calls, and that he rushed the umpire to protect his catcher

Well I had no view of that on TV.  You'd think with how bad the umpire was that Boone would have had to go and get thrown out protecting his catcher earlier in the game.  Sounds a bit weird to me.

8 hours ago, Frobby said:

I thought the calls during that at bat were correct.   The previous pitcher got ripped off during the Gutiérrez at bat.  Tough.

Here is the chart. I thought the last pitch was closer than the chart has it but appears a good call. Pitch 4 appears to have caught the zone (barely). Not the worst call he made but when you are that bad throughout the game all your calls are going to be questioned and the losing manager is going to be pissed with some justification.

https://imgur.com/a/rZccxaO

4 minutes ago, Aristotelian said:

Here is the chart. I thought the last pitch was closer than the chart has it but appears a good call. Pitch 4 appears to have caught the zone (barely). Not the worst call he made but when you are that bad throughout the game all your calls are going to be questioned and the losing manager is going to be pissed with some justification.

https://imgur.com/a/rZccxaO

Where do you find these?   I’ve been looking ever since BrooksBaseball shut down.