The Mark Teixeira Watch part III

Dirtyburnie

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Gary was to, nothing like having him talk to 4 of the most powerful people in Maryland sports!!!
If he was in there with those guys, it had to have had an effect. Great recruiting... if true, of course.

This is the first time in while that I've seen the words Gary and great recruiting used in the same sentence.:wedge:

Gary was to, nothing like having him talk to 4 of the most powerful people in Maryland sports!!!

Gary has no power anymore. The Terps are terrible and he is possibly one of the worst recruiters in the country. It pains me to say it but we haven't had a real NBA prosppect since Dixon and Blake left.

Last time I was on, we were talking about whether jimbo really did see Tex at the stadium.

Can I please get a quick update.

Looks like most posters have concluded he was there. And I understand belkast is saying that Tex met with PA and a new offer was made? Something like that?

Is this possibly a concern for Tex about what will happen to the team if/when PA decides to sell. I am assuming that if PA were to sell the team Tex would still be under contract and he wants to make sure he is going to be a stable organization that will have a smooth transition from owners.

I would have to believe Cal and Biscotti are the front runners to purchase the team if/when PA decides to sell.

So apparently Tex was in a suite...a masn suite..Biscottis suite...I think something is up. I think it would be alot different if he was just there in the stands and hiding. But if he is hanging out with local celebs in a suite, its pretty interesting.

Time will tell.

But besides all the mayhem from the last few days, the fact he was there is keeping me pleasantly happy. Baltimore and Teix just mend together too well. I'm going with Wed. or Thurs. for some better signs of life outta the Warehouse. I'm wondering if Tex might be waiting for us to sign one or two more guys, possibly a Japanese pitcher, or make a trade. In the end, I've still got the feeling.

OK, I realize that by me saying this I'm really adding to the fire, but I just feel the need to say something.

Why is it that guys continue to analyze sources to no end, criticize moderators, and so on, in public, in such a popular and discussion-based thread?????? I just don't understand it.

We've had guys with 40 posts here asking Roy Firestone for a souce the past few days. We've had guys with 10 posts questioning where someone got info from and questioning how moderators are running the boards. We've also had some prominent members doing so which doesn't make sense IMO, just not confined to "newbies," (which I obviously have no problem with nor should anyone else, it's just if it were me and I was new and didn't have much reputation, even if I had some questioning, I'd keep it to myself)

A few years back alot of people had some crow to eat after everyone got on wildbill for sharing information with us. We need to just chill out, take what insiders give us, and move on. Why would they continue to give us tidbits of information whenever possible if they are going to keep getting harassed about it?

Now, should they be cottled or traded differently? Of course not. But it's getting out a hand and I just feel like we all need to take a step back and try to be rational and mature about it and keep it to a baseball discussion. Sorry for the interruption!

Spot on. Not to mention the groveling for more information...

I will chime in again. PGA and Tex did have a meeting over the weekend. I'm sure you all will speculate what,where,when, why, and probably how!!!

We have put out the "wow offer". My understanding is it is in the hands of Tex now. Does he want to come or not?????

I am thinking we will have a answer in the next couple of days.

Am I still extremely opimistic????? YES

BELKY ...boy I hope your guy has this right??? I believe thay met & believe they were both at the game. Tex will prove all the naysayers & come home to the O's Hang in there guys.:D

You're absolutely right, no way should I have dragged that question out into the thread.

Thanks man. I swear we try like heck to be fair. We rely heavily on this community to help us out by PM'ing us and using the reporting function when things don't seem that way.

SG and some others can attest to the lack of some double standard as far as the rules are concerned. Heck...he doesn't even get warnings any more and the others to whom this misconception might apply will probably tell you the same thing.

Gary has no power anymore. The Terps are terrible and he is possibly one of the worst recruiters in the country. It pains me to say it but we haven't had a real NBA prosppect since Dixon and Blake left.

I know Gary was extremely angry when Calhoun stole Rudy Gay from right under his nose:p

I agree Gary has been lacking on his recruiting, especially in the Maryland/DC area. I remember watching Maryland in the 90s-early 2000s and seeing players of the likes or Joe Smith, Steve Francis, Wilcox, Blake, Dixon, Lonnie Baxter... I have a weird feeling even Caner Medley (or whatever he was called) was pretty highly rated coming out of HS. Over the past few seasons his recruiting classes have not been top notch and it has shown with their lower level of play.

But then again I am a UConn and Big East fan so I despise the ACC:D

Agree with you about Gary's coaching and recruiting, but the majority of MD fans still adure him.

Just an FYI, I was listening to the Ravens/Steelers game on Sirius, on the ravens broadcast team, and they said that Tex was there, as well Phelps and the guy from Ultimate Fighting. So he was at the game, at least according to the Ravens broadcasters.

Not to be a naysayer, but does anyone know who Belkast's source is? I'm not doubting him, I'm curious as to where he gets his info. Let me emphasize once again that I am not doubting him.

I sure the mods know, but he can't reveal it to all becasue he would get in touble and I'm sure his soure would be fired.

Archived