How close are Grayson and Bradish to a call up?

wildcard

21 minutes ago, waroriole said:

It seems all but confirmed that Bradish will start on Saturday. Scratched from today’s start. A no comment on who starts Saturday. Nobody else remotely capable of starting. It’s almost like they have no other choice. 

I'm not sure how much fan interest it will generate, but I'd much rather see Bradish than another washed up prospect or player trying to hang onto an MLB career like Matt Harvey. 

58 minutes ago, waroriole said:

It seems all but confirmed that Bradish will start on Saturday. Scratched from today’s start. A no comment on who starts Saturday. Nobody else remotely capable of starting. It’s almost like they have no other choice. 

Makes sense not to make it official though, on the off chance of a postponement of some kind in one of the games between now and then.

• Upvote 2

33 minutes ago, MurphDogg said:

Makes sense not to make it official though, on the off chance of a postponement of some kind in one of the games between now and then.

There's no rain in the forecast from now through the weekend, so a postponement is not likely.

Can anyone tell me what the benefit is to leave a guy in the minors and call them up the day they are pitching? It makes sense to me to have them up in advance so they can get acclimated to the team and clubhouse. 

This isn't just about the O's, as most teams seem to do things this way.

2 hours ago, Tony-OH said:

You're looking for excuse and I'm just providing facts. I get it, you're a Elias disciple and you are ready to do battle with any who dare question your messiah. :D 

Saying that, I like a lot of things Elias has done to help rebuild this franchise, but until his development methods provide wins at the big league level, they are nothing more than fancy titles and secret methods hidden behind a wall of secrecy for the better good. lol

I hope he's proven right, I really do. But the Orioles are entering their 4th season under him and they're still an embarrassment at the major league level and I see no difference in injuries between the Orioles and other clubs yet they slow pitch all of their pitchers with low pitch counts and a lack of innings.

I thought this would be a transition year for Elias but he appears to be very happy to see this season be another last place, 100 loss fiasco. Obviously there are fans out there like you that have infinite patience and are fine with another pitiful major league performance on the field while better players sit in the minors because of controllability issues.

I get that, and that's your right as a fan to fan how you like, but my patience has run out.

Are there players close like Adley, Rodriguez. Bradish and Stowers that could help out this year, sure. Are there other interesting players in the system, sure. But no matter what, the Orioles really don't care about the fans but focus on the bottom line. Under this ownership and regime, I don't see that changing. 

Messiah, uh no. However, I certainly do believe in what they have done as a whole. We will not know if what they have done is correct until they win at the major league level. That is certainly the bottom line.

I had some hope that they would make some moves to become a better competitive product at the MLB level. That obviously did not happen. Another legitimate ML starter and one of the upper level free agent SS’s were what I wanted. But then, I also wanted to see Mateo get everyday at bats at SS to see what they have there as well. Mostly, I wanted to see a commitment by ownership begin to make this team competitive. A veteran hitter to help the younger guys. That obviously did not happen. No excuses. My patience is not never-ending. 

I feel like the complete overhaul they undertook takes a long time, with the resources they have had. Some of the money we know they have has been or is being spent on infrastructure. Much of that is not visible to us. I do defend it, since I do believe it is the right way to do this, for Baltimore. I don’t believe in shortcuts. I also know from experience, that a plan, whether or not is it the best way to do things, has a great chance of success if everyone is on board in the organization. It seems like that is the case, by every impression we can get.

I am not looking to do battle with anyone here. I’m no apologist for Elias, though often accused. 😂 I have my own ideas about things, particularly in the player development realm because of the years I have invested in it at the youth level. I have a great passion for it, definitely.

It is time to start making some deals from the depth and acquire some legitimate pitching. He has talked about it. Time has come to do it. If he does not, I’ll join you in your opinion. 

Lastly, if they take Brooks Lee, or any other college bat in the upcoming draft, that will really piss me off. This pick is not the one you cut a deal, IMO. People are whispering that right now, based on past actions. This one, he needs to take the best player, best achievable upside. That pick is clearly Druw Jones right now. I do not want to see another 2B because they got a better deal for him to spend later on high upside picks in round 4 and 5. I don’t want to hear about depth anymore. Time to put legitimate all stars in the system. 

44 minutes ago, Jammer7 said:

Messiah, uh no. However, I certainly do believe in what they have done as a whole. We will not know if what they have done is correct until they win at the major league level. That is certainly the bottom line.

I had some hope that they would make some moves to become a better competitive product at the MLB level. That obviously did not happen. Another legitimate ML starter and one of the upper level free agent SS’s were what I wanted. But then, I also wanted to see Mateo get everyday at bats at SS to see what they have there as well. Mostly, I wanted to see a commitment by ownership begin to make this team competitive. A veteran hitter to help the younger guys. That obviously did not happen. No excuses. My patience is not never-ending. 

I feel like the complete overhaul they undertook takes a long time, with the resources they have had. Some of the money we know they have has been or is being spent on infrastructure. Much of that is not visible to us. I do defend it, since I do believe it is the right way to do this, for Baltimore. I don’t believe in shortcuts. I also know from experience, that a plan, whether or not is it the best way to do things, has a great chance of success if everyone is on board in the organization. It seems like that is the case, by every impression we can get.

I am not looking to do battle with anyone here. I’m no apologist for Elias, though often accused. 😂 I have my own ideas about things, particularly in the player development realm because of the years I have invested in it at the youth level. I have a great passion for it, definitely.

It is time to start making some deals from the depth and acquire some legitimate pitching. He has talked about it. Time has come to do it. If he does not, I’ll join you in your opinion. 

Lastly, if they take Brooks Lee, or any other college bat in the upcoming draft, that will really piss me off. This pick is not the one you cut a deal, IMO. People are whispering that right now, based on past actions. This one, he needs to take the best player, best achievable upside. That pick is clearly Druw Jones right now. I do not want to see another 2B because they got a better deal for him to spend later on high upside picks in round 4 and 5. I don’t want to hear about depth anymore. Time to put legitimate all stars in the system. 

How dare you question Elias?  He is a great drafter and no one should question him!!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, maybenxtyr said:

Can anyone tell me what the benefit is to leave a guy in the minors and call them up the day they are pitching? It makes sense to me to have them up in advance so they can get acclimated to the team and clubhouse. 

This isn't just about the O's, as most teams seem to do things this way.

You can keep another player on the roster who you can actually use. In this case the Orioles have an extra reliever in the bullpen that they will have to take off the MLB roster as soon as they add another SP 

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, seak05 said:

You can keep another player on the roster who you can actually use. In this case the Orioles have an extra reliever in the bullpen that they will have to take off the MLB roster as soon as they add another SP 

Certainly a reasonable response.