2022 Ongoing Lineup Thread

OsFanSinceThe80s

The offense just hasn’t been good enough the first 5 or 6 innings of games.  It puts pressure on starters and bullpen and as great as we have been at coming back in games eventually that catches up to you because you can’t expect the bullpen to lock down every game or score in the final innings to win.  

9 hours ago, Brooks The Great said:

All I was saying is that Hyde writes the lineups. Of course Elias decides who stays or goes - that was the whole point of my post. I want Elias to take Hyde's favoritism towards Odor and Nevin out of Hyde's hands.

I think you underestimate the amount of input Elias has on the lineup.  Either way I assure you, if Elias was concerned about the lineup he would address it.  What I am saying is....Elias and and Hyde are completely on board with what you are seeing.  And it is a reflection of what Elias wants....not Hyde's machinations.  

Of course...that is merely my opinion as I have neither asked or been told the above by either Elias or Hyde.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

Lineup is out and Stowers is already batting fifth. No pressure. 🙃

It’s getting there! Now switch Urias and Stowers in the lineup, sub Henderson for Urias, but then sub Urias for Odor and finally we’ve got a lineup full of potential

• Upvote 2

35 minutes ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

Lineup is out and Stowers is already batting fifth. No pressure. 🙃

I doubt there’s any more pressure batting 5th than just being in a major league lineup at all.  They have him sandwiched between two RH batters, which makes sense.   Would be nice if those two batters woke up and supplied a little offense.  

15 hours ago, Frobby said:

I doubt there’s any more pressure batting 5th than just being in a major league lineup at all.  They have him sandwiched between two RH batters, which makes sense.   Would be nice if those two batters woke up and supplied a little offense.  

From your lips to God's ears....

If this was an old fashioned antenna adjustment...the collective OH would be screaming....RIGHT THERE!!!!!!

8 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

Righty on the mound..Stowers and Mullins are sitting.  Huh?

Wacha has fairly notable reverse platoon splits over his career - .781 OPS against RHB and .662 against LHB. Don't know if that's enough to offset having Nevin and Chirinos in the lineup, but, that's the reason.

6 minutes ago, deward said:

Wacha has fairly notable reverse platoon splits over his career - .781 OPS against RHB and .662 against LHB. Don't know if that's enough to offset having Nevin and Chirinos in the lineup, but, that's the reason.

I know the reason..but it’s still dumb.  Stowers has also hit lefties well this year, so that really hurts that too.

Now, with that said, Os fans quickly forget the Randy Johnson lineups.  

Edited by Sports Guy