2022 Ongoing Lineup Thread

OsFanSinceThe80s

11 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

I know the reason..but it’s still dumb.  Stowers has also hit lefties well this year, so that really hurts that too.

Now, with that said, Os fans quickly forget the Randy Johnson lineups.  

"reverse platoon splits" doesn't necessarily make him equivalent to a lefty, though.

45 minutes ago, deward said:

Wacha has fairly notable reverse platoon splits over his career - .781 OPS against RHB and .662 against LHB. Don't know if that's enough to offset having Nevin and Chirinos in the lineup, but, that's the reason.

I wonder whether switchhitters have tried hitting right-handed vs. Wacha. We've got two batting 2nd and 3rd today.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

Score 15 runs. Today should’ve been the easiest lineup ever to make. 

So we’re still saying that Hyde is making the lineups?  Yeah, I don’t see any manager in sports changing a lineup that much after scoring that much. 

I agree with you. I really think this has to be coming from above him via some of their programs.

5 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

Score 15 runs. Today should’ve been the easiest lineup ever to make. 

So we’re still saying that Hyde is making the lineups?  Yeah, I don’t see any manager in sports changing a lineup that much after scoring that much. 

Day game after a grueling night game, so Chirinos has to start, Adley to DH. If you start Stowers again you are passing up an opportunity for McKenna and pushing Hays to cover CF. Nevin sucks but your alternative Odor who did not get a hit last night and nearly cost us the game on D. All the moves make sense to me.

2 hours ago, Aristotelian said:

Day game after a grueling night game, so Chirinos has to start, Adley to DH. If you start Stowers again you are passing up an opportunity for McKenna and pushing Hays to cover CF. Nevin sucks but your alternative Odor who did not get a hit last night and nearly cost us the game on D. All the moves make sense to me.

McKenna deserves opportunities against left handed starters, period.  Stowers or Mullins needed to be in the lineup today.  I understand that Chirinos has to play in the day game after a night game, but Hyde should prioritize putting good hitters at other positions when he is forced to use Chirinos.  Instead we have our crappy Sunday lineup a day early.

1 hour ago, Three Run Homer said:

McKenna deserves opportunities against left handed starters, period.  Stowers or Mullins needed to be in the lineup today.  I understand that Chirinos has to play in the day game after a night game, but Hyde should prioritize putting good hitters at other positions when he is forced to use Chirinos.  Instead we have our crappy Sunday lineup a day early.

Mullins was hurt

1 hour ago, Three Run Homer said:

Mullins is injured.

2 hours ago, Three Run Homer said:

Chirinos doesn't considering Adley had a day off on Thursday