2022 Ongoing Lineup Thread

OsFanSinceThe80s

9 minutes ago, spleen1015 said:

I try really hard not to be negative. Can't keep quiet when Hyde does this sort of crap. Aguilar shouldn't even be on the roster. There are other players that need AB.

Lefty pitcher. Opportunity to stack the lineup with RHB and rest the LHB's. I don't love it - Freeland even has reverse splits this year - but it's all I got. 

At least Odor is out of the lineup. Hyde just can't win, lol. 

I don't understand the Aguilar hate. He's on the team to provide an extra bat. This is obviously a "B" lineup tonight. Adley and Mullins are out, Aguilar provides some power to replace those two and spells Mountcastle at first base. No one is really hitting great right now.

I know Aguilar is struggling this year, but if this was Mancini in this spot no one would be complaining. Both have fairly similar career numbers.

The O's also could have benched McKenna or Mountcastle for Stowers, but they didn't. He did get Odor out of the lineup tonight.

Edited by dzorange
  • Upvote 2

Sorry if this has been addressed but I am just now looking at the lineup... why in the **** is Rutchman not in the lineup tonight? Especially when Mullins is also sitting? Are we in a playoff race or not? This series needs to be SWEPT.. anything else is a disappointment. No time for rest boys..

8 minutes ago, dtk9119 said:

Sorry if this has been addressed but I am just now looking at the lineup... why in the **** is Rutchman not in the lineup tonight? Especially when Mullins is also sitting? Are we in a playoff race or not? This series needs to be SWEPT.. anything else is a disappointment. No time for rest boys..

Facing a lefty tonight. Adley has struggled mightily against lefties at this year and has been struggling of late as well. Orioles also have 7 games in the next 6 days. They're going to have to rest him at some point.

44 minutes ago, spleen1015 said:

Can't understand why a POS player like Aguilar is taking AB away from Stowers or Vavra.

Because even in this year, his worst year, he has a .800 OPS vs lefties.

Stowers and Vavra are LH hitters and their season OPS's are in the .600s.

You really can't understand this?   

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, dtk9119 said:

Adley is in a slump.   Even before he was slumping he had weaker #s vs LH than RH.   We are facing a lefty tonight.

Mullins for the season has a .809 OPS vs righties and a pathetic .555 vs lefties.

Now begin the 7 games in 6 days, where 4-7 Monday-Wednesday are Toronto games.

This weekend I look for rest on a scale we've rarely seen.    The test of our deep depth is can it handle Oakland.

I do expect A left handed bats in late if McKenna and company can't handle business in the first half of the game.

I get the Adley slump and Mullins splits against lefties.. but throwing McKenna and Chirinos out there on the same night against a pitcher who beat us earlier in the year doesn't seem like a good plan to me. Again, anything less than a sweep in this series is fairly unacceptable. Sure hope these guys can step up. I am still very concerned about this offense even though we just had maybe our best road trip of the year. It was HRs or nothing with great starting pitching. Can't expect that pitching to continue.

All this panicking and condemnation of Hyde over the lineup before taking the time to look up such simple stats as career and season splits vs. LHP and recent slumps--it's very disappointing to see and very unlike the ethos of the 2022 Baltimore Orioles. I haven't used the Ignore button a single time this season, unlike previous ones, but I see it's likely that I'll have to soon if this keeps up. Respect the team.

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, dtk9119 said:

I get the Adley slump and Mullins splits against lefties.. but throwing McKenna and Chirinos out there on the same night against a pitcher who beat us earlier in the year doesn't seem like a good plan to me. Again, anything less than a sweep in this series is fairly unacceptable. Sure hope these guys can step up. I am still very concerned about this offense even though we just had maybe our best road trip of the year. It was HRs or nothing with great starting pitching. Can't expect that pitching to continue.

SSS but McKenna has been better vs LHP than Mullins. Mullins was going to get a day off at some point. 

Once again many of the RHH haven’t been hitting lately. I have no issue with the lineup. 

I would love a sweep but 2/3 is most important. Can’t lose the series. 

Edited by eddie83
  • Upvote 1