2022 Ongoing Lineup Thread

OsFanSinceThe80s

3 minutes ago, Fiver6565 said:

He's batting 6th, what are you talking about?  Every player gets banged up.  Hays has been pretty durable this year and last.

CRAP!!  I totally missed it.  Glad you pointed it out.

Glad he's back.  Now I just wish he and Mountcastle could find their grooves again.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, interloper said:

Not sure why Nevin is still happening in August of 2022. 

I’m not a Nevin fan, but since July 1 he’s hit .321/.367/.393.   So, that’s why he hasn’t been kicked to the curb yet. 

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, Frobby said:

I’m not a Nevin fan, but since July 1 he’s hit .321/.367/.393.   So, that’s why he hasn’t been kicked to the curb yet. 

That’s the most quiet .321 of all time.  Must be the .393 slugging percentage.

I don't hate this lineup but is Santander better in RF then Vavra would be? I just assumed Vavra was the better OF but maybe at Camden Yards less ground to cover in RF maybe Santanders arm plays better? 

Also Mullins got bumped to to the 8 spot last night went 0-3 and is back to leading off again? I assume that was a match up decision but I also figured it was a motivational tool that Mullins didn't exactly react to?

Guess maybe it is too soon to start banging the drum for Vavra to lead off?

31 minutes ago, RVAOsFan said:

I don't hate this lineup but is Santander better in RF then Vavra would be? I just assumed Vavra was the better OF but maybe at Camden Yards less ground to cover in RF maybe Santanders arm plays better? 

Also Mullins got bumped to to the 8 spot last night went 0-3 and is back to leading off again? I assume that was a match up decision but I also figured it was a motivational tool that Mullins didn't exactly react to?

Guess maybe it is too soon to start banging the drum for Vavra to lead off?

Maybe Mullins was batting 8th d/t the O's facing a lefthander.  I would like someone to replace Mullins at leadoff w/ a better OBP.  Maybe it will happen more, but just against lefties.  I was hoping Mullins would try to maintain his OBP from last year, but he's tried to maintain his power.  I like Adley hitting 2nd, maybe Vavra hitting leadoff eventually.  Baseball players like all professional athletes have egos.  I know when the Yankees core from their dynasty was declining, a big deal was made when Bernie Williams and I think Posada were finally moved down in the lineup after hitting in the same spot for years.  I'm not a big supporter of the same lineup for every game, where a guy thinks it's his right to bat 3rd or any other lineup position.

1 minute ago, OriolesMagic83 said:

Maybe Mullins was batting 8th d/t the O's facing a lefthander.  I would like someone to replace Mullins at leadoff w/ a better OBP.  Maybe it will happen more, but just against lefties.  I was hoping Mullins would try to maintain his OBP from last year, but he's tried to maintain his power.  I like Adley hitting 2nd, maybe Vavra hitting leadoff eventually.  Baseball players like all professional athletes have egos.  I know when the Yankees core from their dynasty was declining, a big deal was made when Bernie Williams and I think Posada were finally moved down in the lineup after hitting in the same spot for years.  I'm not a big supporter of the same lineup for every game, where a guy thinks it's his right to bat 3rd or any other lineup position.

Cedric has a .345 OBP vs RH, .270 vs LH.

Only Vavra and Rutschman on the entire roster have a higher OBP vs RH than Cedric.   So you can certainly make a case that he should leadoff vs righties unless you want to give one of the rookies a shot there.

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, SteveA said:

Cedric has a .345 OBP vs RH, .270 vs LH.

Only Vavra and Rutschman on the entire roster have a higher OBP vs RH than Cedric.   So you can certainly make a case that he should leadoff vs righties unless you want to give one of the rookies a shot there.

A good case can be made that the O's should have frequent lineup changes based on who they're facing, not a certain player should always bat in a certain lineup position.

• Upvote 1