Sunday, May 22: Rubber Match vs Rays

SteveA

1 minute ago, LA2 said:

From what we've seen this season, he seems overrated defensively, altho better than DJ Stewart of course. We'll have other outfielders up soon enough.

Like Stowers! Ha that’s a joke on me…

1 minute ago, SteveA said:

I'll take a 3-3 homestand vs the Yankees and Rays.

Now let's see if we can pull off a 4-4 road trip to Yankee Stadium and Fenway.   

3-4 unfortunately, but yeah, it could have been worse.  Glad we kept it close to 500.

2 minutes ago, LA2 said:

Why is that a joke? He's red-hot!

I've been part of his cheering squad since last season.  A couple of weeks ago he hit a slump and was constantly striking out.  I then officially and publicly took myself off his bandwagon -- only to watch him come back even stronger, capped by today's 3 HR game...joke's on me!

• Haha 1

That was an awesome game, though I could only listen on radio because I’m quarantining in a room with no TV after returning from a trip where there’s a high probability I was exposed to people who have Covid.   

I’ve got to hand it to Hyde, he pushed all the right buttons in a game that threw him a ton of curve balls.