Sunday, May 22: Rubber Match vs Rays

SteveA

7 minutes ago, jdwilde1 said:

I know its just two games, but Adley looks like a 10 year pro out there.   He’s so calm at the plate.  No wonder he’s been an OBP machine.  

The Adley difference is that 2.5 hours into a game with the division champs who have owned us on a day we purposely start a sub-replacement pitcher and he records zero outs I don't feel out of the game and am excited about Odor flashing leather to save that run.

Let's probe that Rays bullpen with Kittredge missing.

• Upvote 1

Asking seriously, is getting out of the catching gear to hit 2nd in the bottom of the 1st too rushed?   Especially if your brand is the end of 1st inning pep talk with the SP.

Grandal, Realmuto, Smith...none of them good enough to intermittently occupy that spot well for their teams often have to do that since lineups generally stronger.

Ivan Rodriguez's 2200 PA batting 2nd were his 2nd most (batting 6th 2600 the most).

1 minute ago, Morgan423 said:

We can complete the frustrating loss bingo card again today by scoring 5 total in this one, so that we can lose on that totally unearned run.

I just thought this lineup was going to finally start scoring some runs. So tired of losing.