Teixeira watch part IX....The final stages?

Sports Guy

I have not seen this Sonny guy post yet.

He has posted on this matter. And said the figures that were were talking about (9/180 and 10/200) were low.

Here is what I believe to be true.

I think we would go that high. I also think we will get a chance to throw out our best deal once all the finals are on the table. And I believe we haven't shown our hand yet, because we don't have to at this time.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If MacPhail doesn't come out and explicitly say that they HAVE increased their offer, then Olney has to report what he knows as fact.

Yeah but he also isn't reporting that MacPhail has stated that there is flexibility. All I am hearing is that we aren't in it at all and hometown discount etc etc etc. No mention on ESPN once about "flexibility"

Roch, Schmuck, Gammons, Heyman, Rosenthal, etc aren't getting any new information to lead them to believe the O's have upped their offer. I assume this is part of AM's strategy with negotiations. He needs to publicize the initial offer, but he doesn't need to acknowledge any subsequent offers.
I guess I missed it. When did AM publish the initial offer or confirm it for that matter?

He has posted on this matter. And said the figures that were were talking about (9/180 and 10/200) were low.

I think we would go that high. I also think we will get a chance to throw out our best deal once all the finals are on the table. And I believe we haven't shown our hand yet, because we don't have to at this time.

I don't know about the numbers being discussed but I think you are right about having not shown our hand as we will be given a chance to put our best deal on the table. I also think MacPhail is not going to up his offer without having some committment as to what he would have to do to have Boras call off the dogs if you will.

An important thing to remember about Sonny is that out of all our insiders, he's been the most accurate, IIRC. If he's saying the 10/200 is low, it's low, IMO.

I believe SG or crstoner said Sonny's source was tied directly to PA's office.

I vote for the strange game of chicken.

I vote for a competitive multi-hundred million dollar negotiation where nobody wants to show their cards. This is some high stakes action we're witnessing here folks, and I doubt that any of these reporters really knows the real inside dirt.

I don't think we will get Tex, but here is a scenario feel free to shoot it apart. Tex wants to come to Balt but not for 1 dime less. MacPhail put offer on table that was in the ball park and said get what you can get and give us a final shot at meeting it with the understanding that when he comes back with his best offer, if the O's meet it there will be a window of exclusivity to hammer out the details with no further negotiations with other teams. If they cant hammer out the details, the O's will drop out.

I don't think we will get Tex, but here is a scenario feel free to shoot it apart. Tex wants to come to Balt but not for 1 dime less. MacPhail put offer on table that was in the ball park and said get what you can get and give us a final shot at meeting it with the understanding that when he comes back with his best offer, if the O's meet it there will be a window of exclusivity to hammer out the details with no further negotiations with other teams. If they cant hammer out the details, the O's will drop out.

I guess, my only question at this point would be, if SB has talked to every other team, when will he call Baltimore?

Archived