Teixeira watch part IX....The final stages?

Sports Guy

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The O's investing in Manny would be going in the wrong direction IMO

It screams Sammy Sosa all over again.

Sosa is light years from Manny. I have to agree with the others. In the last 10 years Manny and A-Rod are the two best hitters in the game. Manny is the best big game Hitter I've seen since Mickey Mantle. Drum roll please, This is my 1,500 post.:clap3:

Gotta think Boras is shopping DLowe and Varitek to the Orioles to drive up the price on the Sox...

Interesting idea...

You just might be right.

What's more important to you guys? Tex, Lowe and Varitek or the O's 2nd, 3rd and 4th round picks next year?

Jeter is supposedly a leader, and it doesn't hurt that he's good looking. These are probably why he is a fan favorite. Teixeira is a better fielder, hitter, and anything else that can be crunched.
Tex is a better hitter overall, but I don't think he's a better hitter compared to 1B than Jeter is compared to SS (not 100% sure on that, but I think that is correct). I think Jeter comes out a bit ahead when you compare each to their relative positions.

Of course, then you also have to bring in defense, where Tex does laps around Jeter.

He could be.

From Roch's blog, and MacPhail's comments, I wonder if something is going down... :scratchchinhmm:

NO!

Nothing is going down. That's what those comments meant. If something were that close, MacPhail wouldn't be taking the time to talk to Roch.

Something might go down tomorrow, but again, its only going to be an announcement of a deal if he signs anywhere, not the whole press conference and dog and pony show. That'll be a couple days later. Everything that needs to be done can be done over the phone and fax, no need to for wild rumors about people flying places and meeting face to face.

Yeah I'm afraid of this as well.

Would love DLowe but I'm afraid if Tex signs with the O's, he's coming with Tek attached to the hip

I think the package of Tex and Tek is bull. However, there is a strange feeling that this is something th FO would do to land Tex.

I think the package of Tex and Tek is bull. However, there is a strange feeling that this is something th FO would do to land Tex.

As long as it's not a multi-year deal I think we can live with it.

I certainly won't be handing him the "C" though

Archived