Radio team going on the road to KC

SteveA

A 3 man team -- Geoff Arnold, Brett Hollander, and an engineer, are going on the road to KC this weekend.  It will be the first Orioles radio. Network broadcast with the announcers at a road game since 2019.

But don't think they have "come to their senses" or anything like that.  They'll be back broadcasting the @Toronto series next week from their normal perch at Camden Yards, staring a monitors again.

They are only making the trip to KC because it would be impossible for them to do the game from the Oriole Park booth this weekend while a Paul McCartney concert is going on.

Seems like a decent thread to vent on MLB...Blackout restrictions will prevent me from watching the O's this weekend from 5 hours away in OKC.

This is a longer distance than the O's playing in NY. Nice job "growing the game". 

I'll be listening to the guys on the radio. 

51 minutes ago, dtk9119 said:

This organization is just pathetic. Started reading this thread got my hopes up and then poof up in smoke. 

Why don't they just set up some monitors at WBAL and call the game instead of teasing us by going to KC? 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

Probably found some cheap flights and a good deal on a hotel in KC. 

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, eddie83 said:

All about money. 

Cutting costs at every opportunity. 

Certainly seems so. Does anybody doubt the following?

1. Relative to other MLB owners, the owners of the Orioles are far more committed to reducing their current costs of operation (and increasing the cash flow available to them) and less committed to building the long-term value of their franchise.

2. Either the Angeloses have decided to put the team up for sale shortly after Peter's death, or they believe there's a good possibility they'll be doing that within a couple of years after that event.

16 hours ago, SteveA said:

A 3 man team -- Geoff Arnold, Brett Hollander, and an engineer, are going on the road to KC this weekend.  It will be the first Orioles radio. Network broadcast with the announcers at a road game since 2019.

But don't think they have "come to their senses" or anything like that.  They'll be back broadcasting the @Toronto series next week from their normal perch at Camden Yards, staring a monitors again.

They are only making the trip to KC because it would be impossible for them to do the game from the Oriole Park booth this weekend while a Paul McCartney concert is going on.

Wouldn't it be better for them to drive an old van to KC or with gas prices being sky high is an economy seat just as cheap?

29 minutes ago, OriolesMagic83 said:

Wouldn't it be better for them to drive an old van to KC or with gas prices being sky high is an economy seat just as cheap?

Electric or hybrid van maybe.

I've hitch-hiked from KC to Philadelphia, but that was about 50 years ago and probably would be a little extreme.