Saturday night July 23 -- Yankees at Orioles

SteveA

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• I don’t see Eovaldi being dealt, doubt we deal in division and don’t want Anderson or Lorenzen for free. Scherzer yes but he also has to be ok to waive his NTC.
    • They didn't do any of our imagined rotation reshuffling for the previous Yankees series. I'm guessing they won't this time either. I think Burnes will start Wednesday, get his ASG inning, and then they'll use the break as a chance to skip/delay Suarez and Povich. Burnes/Rodriguez/Kremer in some order start in Texas weekend after the break. 
    • If they didn't set-up Burnes to pitch vs NY when they were trailing them a couple of weeks ago, I don't think they're going to do it with, probably, a lead this weekend. By the way, Burnes could be in line for an all-star game start. I know this is an exhibition game but still quite a honor that he would probably like to be available for. 
    • Cowser worries me late in games. He's got the absolute worst clutch stats in MLB and he's one of the absolute worst players in WPA. He's the last guy I want at the plate if we need something to happen in a big spot. 
    • As a backup plan and for the next two years, ok.  As his big deal for a starter for the stretch run and playoffs.  No.
    • So far this year, the Orioles’ OF PA (1,078) have been allocated as follows: Santander (302) 28.0% Mullins (272) 25.2% Cowser (268) 24.9% Hays (136) 12.6% O’Hearn (45) 4.2% Kjerstad (29) 2.7%  Stowers (26) 2.4% Note that Santander (55 PA) and Kjerstad (17 PA) have also seen time at DH, while O’Hearn gets most of his time (225 PA) at 1B/DH. My question is, what do you think the mix will look like over the final 72 games?   Personally, I’d like to see something like: Santander 27% Mullins 25% Cowser 16% Hays 16% Kjerstad 16% With Santander and Kjerstad continuing to get some PA at DH, as they have been.   Kjerstad since his recall has started 8 of 12 games, 4 in the OF and 4 as DH, and pinch hit in two other games.    I think it’s time to play Cowser less, unless his bat picks up.  16% basically means he’s still playing half the time, split evenly between CF and a corner spot.  
    • A reminder... The draft starts at 5 p.m. ET on Sunday, July 14 and will include the first two rounds, as well as the first two supplemental rounds. The second day of the draft will be rounds 3-10, and the third day of the draft will be rounds 11-20. Days two and three both start at 12 p.m. ET. The O's first four picks are at #22, #32, #61, and #97.  We traded pick #34 in the Corbin Burnes trade.
  • Popular Contributors

• Popular Now