Who Will O's Take?

Now i don't follow college or high school sports but, i do follow a lot of Minor League system including ours and of course The Orioles. Now i found this site

http://www.mymlbdraft.com/MLB-Mock-Draft-2009

And they say we have the 5th pick and we take Aaron Crow-SP

Now do we really need another pitcher in 1st round? Who do you think we would take and how can they help us?

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maybe Dustin Ackley falls to the Orioles instead.

It wouldn't hurt to draft Crow though. There would be no excuse to not sign him after the Nats failed to sign him.

I'm sure we all can't wait to see who gets drafted in round 2 for not signing Tex.

but, as is usual with the O's, they finish with just enough wins to fall out of the top 3 so they can't get the Can't-Miss guys.

Grant Green, Dustin Ackley and Steven Strasburg will be gone.

Aaron Crow, Alex White, and Tyler Matzek will be there so we'll go with one of these...

and yes, you can NEVER have enough pitching so I'd go with one of those 3 pitchers. I personally like Matzek the best of this bunch. Crow is closest to the bigs, but his mechanics will lead to injury problems. Matzek has the best stuff, polish, command, and youth.

but, as is usual with the O's, they finish with just enough wins to fall out of the top 3 so they can't get the Can't-Miss guys.

Aaron Crow, Alex White, and Tyler Matzek will be there so we'll go with one of these...

and yes, you can NEVER have enough pitching so I'd go with one of those 3 pitchers. I personally like Matzek the best of this bunch. Crow is closest to the bigs, but his mechanics will lead to injury problems. Matzek has the best stuff, polish, command, and youth.

If Alex White is available at #5 then we should take him. This guy is projected to be the number 2 pick in the draft.

Amazing bat he will hit for a very high average wherever he plays. He is a line drive hitter and he does not hit for much power but I played against him in high school and his junior year he was ridiculous leading the state in average with an off the charts number. He hit something like .767. He can absolutely rake though and if he is available I pray that the O's get him. On top of the amzing bat, he does have excellent speed and athleticism; he will be a Tony Gwynn type player with more speed I believe (hitting plus .300 consistently.

Amazing bat he will hit for a very high average wherever he plays. He is a line drive hitter and he does not hit for much power but I played against him in high school and his junior year he was ridiculous leading the state in average with an off the charts number. He hit something like .767. He can absolutely rake though and if he is available I pray that the O's get him. On top of the amzing bat' date=' he does have excellent speed and athleticism; he will be a Tony Gwynn type player with more speed I believe (hitting plus .300 consistently.[/quote'] Sounds like we already fell in love with him. Another question who is his agent?

That's true - based on what we know now, it appears we'll miss out, yet again.

However, haven't there been groups of people who would appear to be the top 3 or top 4, only to have another kid's season cause it all to change?

Anyone know of any instances of this? I don't recall Buster Posey being among the top 5 draft names prior to the collegiate baseball season kicking off last year.

I am confused with the "as usual" portion of your post. In the last 2 drafts, the Orioles have chosen 5th and 4th, respectively. So, by your logic, Wieters and Matusz were not "Can't-Miss guys" because they were not top 3 picks???

Archived