Do you think Elias will trade Mancini

RVAOsFan

Mancini Trade   

110 members have voted

1. 1. Will Mancini be traded?

• Yes
    • No

This poll is closed to new votes

I think they will try to move him but will be disappointed with what is offered.  I am a big fan of Trey and would like to see him have a role in the next Orioles playoff run.  I just don't think there is a market for "big bat" power hitter 1B/DH types that have played healthy party much all season and produced 9 home runs in 95 games. 

1 minute ago, Yossarian said:

I think they will try to move him but will be disappointed with what is offered.  I am a big fan of Trey and would like to see him have a role in the next Orioles playoff run.  I just don't think there is a market for "big bat" power hitter 1B/DH types that have played healthy party much all season and produced 9 home runs in 95 games. 

Every one of the 30 teams have an analytics department that have this page bookmarked, and knows that with some better luck and a different park he'd have 15-20 homers.  If he'd been a Red all year his expected HR total would be 25.

• Upvote 4

I voted yes, but I could see a scenario where the offers aren't good enough and they don't. But, they'll really try to move him and I think someone will likely give enough to allow Elias to pull the trigger. 

(Now watch, they're going to trade Santander instead and announce a 2-year extension for Mancini on Sunday). 

I said yes but I could see a scenario where he’s not traded. Like if the team doesn’t get an acceptable offer and wanna ride this thing out.

We have 3 against one of the worst teams in MLB this weekend. If we’re 53-49 on Monday and Elias still hasn’t traded him, he might just stay. All that said, it’s at least 80-20 that he’s traded. 

I think Mancini stays because the offers will be underwhelming.  After seeing what the Yankees gave up for Beinintendi I would agree.  It won't be d/t Elias worrying about fans' feelings.  I think Elias would trade his mother if the price was right.  I see a higher likelihood that Santander is traded, with a better replacement in Stowers.

11 minutes ago, OriolesMagic83 said:

What about Cust's inability to run from 3rd to home?

Yea, that guy was a real doofus, didn't need that clownshow stuff on a contender like the 2007 Orioles.  Good thing the O's let him go (after 85 PAs of an .870 OPS) before he could put up those three straight years of 25+ homers and 90+ walks. 

7 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

Do we really need to save the $3 million in salary he’s owed for the rest of the year?  Because the compensation we would receive would be about the same as the 3rd pick he would net us if he signs a deal worth $25 million. 

And we’re not the Expos. 

No, the money isn't the concern.  It's the value that could potentially be coming back for a player who will not be resigned when he becomes a free agent.

And the compensation is only if the Orioles give him a QO and he declines.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, DrungoHazewood said:

No, the money isn't the concern.  It's the value that could potentially be coming back for a player who will not be resigned when he becomes a free agent.

And the compensation is only if the Orioles give him a QO and he declines.

Thanks for clarifying the QO and $25 million. 

I’d rather keep him than bring in the equivalents of Peek and Rom.