Yusniel Diaz to the SHOW!

Yardball85

I'm glad Diaz is getting a shot. Not sure how much playing time he'll get, but at least he's getting an opportunity and we're not giving up on him and letting some other team benefit. He's only 25, so while he hasn't lived up to expectations, I hope he gets plenty of playing time to at least draw some interest from other teams. Maybe he can become a good trade piece, and that won't happen unless he gets a chance. If he makes a splash, maybe we can include him in a trade for some starting pitching. Then again, maybe he'll falter and will be a bust. But at least give him a chance and see what happens. Our other OF prospects will get their chance.

He was killing it in AA in 2017 as a 20 year old. Probably felt like he was on the fast track to MLB. 5 years later, it's finally happening. But definitely not the way home he hoped.

If the injuries haven't significantly limited his tools, he may surprise us over the next couple weeks. With him being on the 40, he needs to be evaluated now. Based on the 40, it's his and vavra's time to prove they can play 

20 minutes ago, luismatos4prez said:

Here's a fun fact: Diaz only recorded one extra base hit in July (on July 3rd) in Norfolk despite getting everyday ABs all month.

The only explanations I can think of are Stowers is hurt or Diaz was already here due to some taxi squad situation.

Dear lord, Diaz has a .525 OPS in AAA ball during July. He's going to be lucky to make contact with pitches at this level. Is this take a look just in case promotion of Diaz before he gets DFA-ed this off-season? 

Edited by OsFanSinceThe80s

52 minutes ago, luismatos4prez said:

Here's a fun fact: Diaz only recorded one extra base hit in July (on July 3rd) in Norfolk despite getting everyday ABs all month.

The only explanations I can think of are Stowers is hurt or Diaz was already here due to some taxi squad situation.

Diaz was on the 40, while Stowers was not. Maybe keeping the spot open as part of a trade or signing.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Legend_Of_Joey said:

Diaz was on the 40, while Stowers was not. Maybe keeping the spot open as part of a trade or signing.

Good point, we could see more 40 man roster movement Tuesday and Elias might need a roster spot on the 40 for a player acquired. After the dust settles tomorrow then we might see Stowers get called up. 

10 hours ago, Legend_Of_Joey said:

Man, I wish I could sulk at my job and get a promotion…

I just hope this is the last season that Elias brings up guys on the 40-man roster that are only promoted because they are on the 40-man roster and not because they forced their way onto the team. 

Who knows, I wouldn't be surprised if Diaz has a little success in the beginning, but he's a .187/.271/.286/.557 hitter in 357 AAA PAs. He risked his life to play in the major leagues so I'm happy for him once he makes that dream a reality in a game, but he hasn't earned his way onto this team and that's disappointing from my perspective.

12 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

So was @Frobby;)

Actually, I’d say I was not excited when Fio got called up, more astounded that they would select someone with six weeks’ experience in Hi A for a call-up.  But I was pretty excited when’re  he got hits his first four times to the plate and went 6 for 10 with a walk in his first three games!  I never forgot that and always loved him for showing that kind of poise.   

13 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Actually, I’d say I was not excited when Fio got called up, more astounded that they would select someone with six weeks’ experience in Hi A for a call-up.  But I was pretty excited when’re  he got hits his first four times to the plate and went 6 for 10 with a walk in his first three games!  I never forgot that and always loved him for showing that kind of poise.   

That era of Orioles baseball really made some, let's say, interesting decisions lol.