Who will be the O’s regular SS in 2024?

JimGinSP

Who will be the O’s SS in 2024 (by total innings played)?  

46 members have voted

1. 1. Listed Alphabetically- Choose One:

• Henderson
    • Holliday
    • Mateo
    • Ortiz

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 08/12/22 at 03:00

Heading into this year, I was on board with spending $ on a FA SS for 2022 (like Correa).  And for 2023 (or Trea/etc.).  But I don't think that will happen now.  We have in-house options and other needs for Capex spending to be a legit contender.  There's a path for Mateo, Henderson, Westburg, and Ortiz to be the starting SS in 2024.

Pencil me in for:  Ortiz 

I think Mateo will get the gig in 2023.  Gunnar will likely break in as a 3B and will settle in there.  I believe Ortiz will progress and hit better than Mateo (at least from an OBP perspective).  Regardless of what Mateo does offensively, he'll be arb 2 heading into 2024.  At that point, the budget becomes a factor (if he performs, then he'll be traded) or his performance drops and 'next man up'.  

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, btdart20 said:

Heading into this year, I was on board with spending $ on a FA SS for 2022 (like Correa).  And for 2023 (or Trea/etc.).  But I don't think that will happen now.  We have in-house options and other needs for Capex spending to be a legit contender.  There's a path for Mateo, Henderson, Westburg, and Ortiz to be the starting SS in 2024.

I think Mateo will get the gig in 2023.  Gunnar will likely break in as a 3B and will settle in there.  I believe Ortiz will progress and hit better than Mateo (at least from an OBP perspective).  Regardless of what Mateo does offensively, he'll be arb 2 heading into 2024.  At that point, the budget becomes a factor (if he performs, then he'll be traded) or his performance drops and 'next man up'.  

All of this

5 minutes ago, btdart20 said:

And I think Westburg will break in as the 2B and settle in there.  But it's all a crap shoot.  

And that's "will be" vs. "should be"