Lamet DFA'ed by Brewers

OriolesMagic83

5 minutes ago, Matt Bennett said:

I know Pedro Severino has his enemies on OH but he's a better player than Chirinos. Just DFA'd along with Lamet. And yeah Lamet can eat some junk innings instead of Beau Sulser. 

Severino is absolutely not a better player than Chirinos.  And if you don't believe me, ask Jim Palmer.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Matt Bennett said:

I know Pedro Severino has his enemies on OH but he's a better player than Chirinos. Just DFA'd along with Lamet. And yeah Lamet can eat some junk innings instead of Beau Sulser. 

I see Severino had 2 passed balls in 4 games with the Brewers.   Adley hasn’t yielded a passed ball in 43 starts at C, and Chirinos has 3 in 46 starts.   I was not the biggest Severino-basher around here, but it’s very obvious that his defense was not well regarded by Hyde based on things Hyde has said complimenting this year’s catchers.  

20 minutes ago, OriolesMagic83 said:

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2022/08/brewers-designate-dinelson-lamet-pedro-severino-for-assignment.html

Should the O's try to trade for him?  I know his results have been terrible, but he was a former very high pitching prospect.  Any interest if the cost is minimal?  I assume he's out of options.

He still has this year as an option since he has already been sent down this season.

6 minutes ago, Frobby said:

I see Severino had 2 passed balls in 4 games with the Brewers.   Adley hasn’t yielded a passed ball in 43 starts at C, and Chirinos has 3 in 46 starts.   I was not the biggest Severino-basher around here, but it’s very obvious that his defense was not well regarded by Hyde based on things Hyde has said complimenting this year’s catchers.  

Maybe not. Doesn't mean Hyde's, or Palmer's, prioritization of what makes a player valuable/ not valuable is correct. Isn't Chirinos the worst pitch framer in the league? I can tell. I've seen Chirinos give up on many strikes cause the pithcer missed his spot. And we know what he's hitting. At least Severino could swing it a bit. 

In my view, swapping Chirinos for Severino would be swapping out bad defense and bad offense for bad defense and okay offense. 

12 minutes ago, Matt Bennett said:

Maybe not. Doesn't mean Hyde's, or Palmer's, prioritization of what makes a player valuable/ not valuable is correct. Isn't Chirinos the worst pitch framer in the league? I can tell. I've seen Chirinos give up on many strikes cause the pithcer missed his spot. And we know what he's hitting. At least Severino could swing it a bit. 

In my view, swapping Chirinos for Severino would be swapping out bad defense and bad offense for bad defense and okay offense. 

LOL. Nice bomb Chirinos. All is forgiven