Dodgers claim Bannon on waivers

Legend_Of_Joey

37 minutes ago, SteveA said:

Oh no, now they'll have our playbook if we meet them in the World Series!

:D  LOL! 

It's a silly non-factor claim no matter how you look at it.  Bottom fishing often is.  Sure, Muncy has been a wasteland but they have one of the best 3B prospects (Vargas) in the game.  And Lux and Betts can play 2B if that's what they're thinking.  If it's for real depth, that's almost as laughable!  It's an odd claim regardless.  But it's evidence that even the best teams with the biggest payrolls play games with clock times.  

And if it were me, it would be the type of claim I'd make if I had the last waiver priority and the quality of talent is thinned out by the time it's my turn...  For me, it wouldn't be about the talent but more about the information. 

• Upvote 1

I liked the thread title.    Described the organizational growth milestone ideally!

I do wonder about the tradecraft, and industrial espionage type games among the Clubs.    If Bannon on LAD intake gets a battery of intricate training techniques type questions, what's a guy to do?

We'll give you some more 40-man AAA paychecks if you thoroughly answer these questions about your last couple years.

6 hours ago, ScGO's said:

He was really a AAAA type. I don't think there's much of a loss here.

But Nevin is a MLer? I don’t get Nevin’s Place on this team. He has bad hands and slow feet, a bad combination for a guy playing 3B despite the nice play he made tonight.

I don't think many really care about this move. Infield prospects on our farm are too deep. It's kinda a "who cares?" move. But I will for real laugh if he turns into Justin Turner 2.0. Would give Luke some schadenfreude too, I believe he was a huge advocate of his. Hope it happens.

6 hours ago, emmett16 said:

Good luck to him.  He wasn’t going to play here.  He was a nice guy and I loved his pop for a little guy.  He hit some majestic bombs in Norfolk.   Kinda blows my mind Dodgers are claiming someone we DFA'd - times have changed a bit.  

They also claimed Conner Greene after we DFA’d him last year 

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Il BuonO said:

But Nevin is a MLer? I don’t get Nevin’s Place on this team. He has bad hands and slow feet, a bad combination for a guy playing 3B despite the nice play he made tonight.

No, he should be gone soon too