Dodgers claim Bannon on waivers

Legend_Of_Joey

20 minutes ago, Legend_Of_Joey said:

Apparently Rylan Bannon was put on waivers at some point recently and the Dodgers just claimed him.

I would have liked to have seen him get a longer opportunity, especially since they keep trotting Nevin out. But his defense and then streaky hitting is what probably doomed him, plus the emergence of Westburg.

I don’t think it’s a big loss. As far as Nevin goes he’s just shining a seat on the bench with his backside. Hard to evaluate him when he’s not playing. If they swapped him and Bannon the outcome would be the same. Playing Odor and sitting __________. Same with Urias but at least he’s hitting.

Just now, Spy Fox said:

This could be another team doing the Elias-bringing-back-his-own-guys thing. 

A DFA of a guy with options doing decently enough at AAA definitely makes me think a new face might be added to the 40 soon. 👀

I'm trying very hard to convince myself that it's NOT Stowers or Henderson, and instead some random weird waiver claim we're making. Just to set my own expectations. 

9 minutes ago, interloper said:

Worth mentioning the Dodgers are, I believe, the very last team that could have claimed him before he cleared. So 29 other teams passed. 

No clue where that puts the Dodgers roster, but if I had the space, I'd put the claim in too.  Just to see what the org hype has been around the O's lately in person...  Pick the kids brain, see what's being preached, see what tech, etc.  Then drop him a few days/weeks later.  

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, btdart20 said:

No clue where that puts the Dodgers roster, but if I had the space, I'd put the claim in too.  Just to see what the org hype has been around the O's lately in person...  Pick the kids brain, see what's being preached, see what tech, etc.  Then drop him a few days/weeks later.  

Oh no, now they'll have our playbook if we meet them in the World Series!

• Haha 2

Good luck to him.  He wasn’t going to play here.  He was a nice guy and I loved his pop for a little guy.  He hit some majestic bombs in Norfolk.   Kinda blows my mind Dodgers are claiming someone we DFA'd - times have changed a bit.  

Edited by emmett16

1 hour ago, MurphDogg said:

He is 26 and was behind Westburg, Henderson, Vavra, and for some odd reason Nevin in the 2B/3B pipeline.

He has been a league average hitter this year at AAA after a brutal season last year and the season lost to COVID the year before that, he just ran out of time.

He looked good in 2019, and it really makes you wonder if he would have made an impact if there had been a normal 2020 season.

It is interesting that he lost his 40-man roster spot before Diaz, but Diaz probably only has Stowers ahead of him in the minors if a spot with actual playing time were to open up in the Majors whereas Bannon is behind Henderson and Westburg.

Nevin can play 1B

2 minutes ago, emmett16 said:

Good luck to him.  He wasn’t going to play here.  He was a nice guy and I loved his pop for a little guy.  He got some majestic bombs in Norfolk.   Kinda blows my mind Dodgers are claiming someone we dfa - times have changed a bit.  

I keep getting surprised when I see Hanser Alberto in Dodgers highlights. He's appeared in 50 games (and pitched in 3!) for them this year.

• Upvote 1