Wild Card Contenders remaining schedules

eddie83

6 hours ago, SteveA said:

Having the 3 game series with Toronto moved from the 1st week of the season to being tacked on at the end due to the lockout is part of why that is.

I was going to make this point earlier.

Playoffs start that Friday. Entirely possible the Jays have their spot locked up before then. At least a playoff spot. Now that doesn’t mean the Orioles will still be in the mix but if they are it could be an advantage. The Jays would not throw their #1 starter that series. They could throw their #2 and #3 to keep them on normal rest but I doubt they go deep into games. Would also expect some regulars to get some time off 

10 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

We held serve last night. Man, the Yankees didn’t do us any favors these last few weeks. 

Yeah, the Yankees killed us with their performances against Seattle, Tampa, and Toronto.  They were even useless against Boston. 

But outside of a 2 game series against Miami next week, Tampa has actual quality opponents after they are done with the Angels.  And they have Toronto 9 times, so at least we will have some days where the Rays and Jays don't both win.  

58 minutes ago, JR Oriole said:

Yeah, the Yankees killed us with their performances against Seattle, Tampa, and Toronto.  They were even useless against Boston. 

But outside of a 2 game series against Miami next week, Tampa has actual quality opponents after they are done with the Angels.  And they have Toronto 9 times, so at least we will have some days where the Rays and Jays don't both win.  

I think Boston is on the verge of a collapse. It feels like they have held on for weeks. Not sure they will last much longer. I included them as a contender because mathematically they are still alive.  

Not that who we root for impacts who wins but I was dumbfounded at the people who were enjoying the Yankees losing to WC contenders ahead of the Orioles.  I like the Orioles more than I can’t stand the Yankees. 

Edited by eddie83

3 hours ago, eddie83 said:

I think Boston is on the verge of a collapse. It feels like they have held on for weeks. Not sure they will last much longer. I included them as a contender because mathematically they are still alive.  

Not that who we root for impacts who wins but I was dumbfounded at the people who were enjoying the Yankees losing to WC contenders ahead of the Orioles.  I like the Orioles more than I can’t stand the Yankees. 

Boston is a bit of a mystery, as the whole seems to be less than the sum of the parts.  They have a lot of really good offensive players in their lineup.  Hernandez was a beast in the playoffs last year (and every year, I think) and he hits in the bottom third of their lineup.  Devers, Bogaerts, JD, Arroyo, Verdugo.....those dudes can hit.  And Eovaldi (when healthy) and Pivetta are extremely tough.  They made the ALCS last year, so we know they have talent.  

The Yankees have 6 against Tampa, 3 against Toronto and 4 against Minnesota. We really need them to come through in those games. They will against Minnesota because they have completely owned them for 20 years straight, but hopefully they win those series against the Rays and Jays.

Updated schedules remaining and standings.

* indicates series already underway. 

Good 5 day stretch for Orioles in terms of teams who they are competing with to get to the leaders. Unfortunately the leaders also played well. 

BOSTON is toast. Had they beat Orioles  Sunday night they would have only been 1.5 games behind ORIOLES.

Standings thru yesterday 

ALWC                      W          L          GB

-  TAMPA BAY        69         55         +1.5

-  TORONTO          68         55          +1.0

- SEATTLE              68         57       ——

———————————————————

BALTIMORE            65        59         2.5

MINNESOTA          62         61         5.0

CWS                       63         62        5.0

BOSTON                60         65         8.0 

———————————————————

SCHEDULES

BALTIMORE

@HOU  3   @CLE  3

OAK  3    TOR  4   BOS  3  @WSH  2

@TOR 3    DET  3      HOU  4

@BOS 4   @NYY  3   TOR  3

All other WC contenders 

——————————————————-

AL East 

TOR

LAA   3   CHC   3   

@Pitts 3   @BAL 4     @TEX 3     TB 5    

BAL 3        @PHI   2     @TB   4      

NYY   3      BOS  3        @BAL 3

- - - - - - - - - - -

TB

@BOS  3      @MIA  2

NYY  3      BOS  3    @NYY  3   @TOR 5      

TEX  3     HOU  3     TOR 4     

@CLE 3     @HOU  3    @BOS  3

- - - - - - - - - - - -

BOS

TB   3    @MINN  3

TEX  4    @TB  3   @BAL  3   NYY  2

KC  3   @CIN  2    @NYY  4

BAL 4   @TOR  3  @TB  3

———————————————————AL Central    Note: 1/3 will win division

CLE

*@SEA  4   BAL  3

SEA  3   @KC  3   @MINN  3     LAA  3

MINN 5    @CWS  3    @TEX  3

TB  3    KC   6    (  1 game makeup with CWS )

- - - - - - - - - - - 

MINN

SFG   3    BOS  3    

CWS   3     @NYY  4     CLE  3   KC  3

@CLE  5     @KC  3     LAA   3  

CWS   3    @DET   3     @CWS   3

- - - - - - - -  - - - - - 
CWS

ARZ  3   KC  3

MINN  3    @SEA 3    @OAK  4   COL  2

@DET  3   CLE   3    DET  3

@MINN  3   @SDP  3   MINN  3