Saturday September 3: Orioles vs Athletics

SteveA

If you want a guy with a super glove and can turn a DP I would think Joey Ortiz can do that.  You know we are not bringing Odor back next year no matter what.  Would it hurt morale this year that much to bring one of the kids up?   That way we could say they are learning and getting settled in if they strike out three times in a game.  Instead of knowing we are seeing the very end of Odors career?   

Odor is not gonna be an Oriole next year.  He might not be able to sign a major league contract with anyone.   Might as well get the future started and bring up someone.  

5 minutes ago, LA2 said:

A's bullpen must be stretched. Otherwise they would have taken Oller out by now. He's getting pummeled.

That's what I figured plus the A's aren't trying to stay in a wildcard race like the O's.

The A's might be in a place as a team where it will be a challenge just to have enough pitchers to get through the last month of the season.

10 minutes ago, justD said:

So don’t take this as a downer but I’m really glad I’m going to the game tomorrow and don’t even care win or lose. It’s the one-year anniversary of weams’ passing and I can’t imagine anywhere I’d rather be.

And on the way in, an org called Level the Playing Field has said they’ll take a donation of his used sporting equipment to use in various youth sports programs. I think he’d like that. 

Okay maybe I do hope they win 😎💔⚾

Awesome all around. Have a great day. I know Michael will be with you in spirit!

• Like 1

Just now, Roll Tide said:

Is Voth injured? Just 3.1 innings?

No, he had given up 4 straight hard hits and the bases were loaded with a lefty coming up. Hyde went Akin, and the A's countered with a right-handed batter. Akin got him to hit into a nifty 6-4-3 DP to end the threat.

• Upvote 2