It Ain't Over

wildcard

4 hours ago, dtk9119 said:

Also... I am still having nightmares about those OAK and DET series earlier in the year.. 1-6 in those 7 games. Even if we had gone 3-4 4-3 we'd be in MUCH better shape than we are now.

And I also have nightmares about the 2 consecutive blown saves by Jorge Lopez in Minnesota. Those are 2 games we should have won.

25 minutes ago, Jagwar said:

OK... so a MOO, 2 TOR and a top reliever. How much would you expect that to require in terms of money and prospects?

So many scenarios to do that.  Prospects for vets…Mullins for young pitching.  Spend money.  Os have the flexibility to attack this in so many ways. 

BTW, I don’t really care if we get a MOO or just multiple new good bats but I do think we need to add in more offensive talent.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

So many scenarios to do that.  Prospects for vets…Mullins for young pitching.  Spend money.  Os have the flexibility to attack this in so many ways. 

BTW, I don’t really care if we get a MOO or just multiple new good bats but I do think we need to add in more offensive talent.

I'm not sure who would even be available. But the O's have a tiny payroll, and it finally makes sense this offseason to splurge on some new toys. 

If I'm the Blue Jays manager, I'm working out the rotation to make absolutely sure Manoah pitches against us twice.  If we have to face him twice in 6 games it's going to be really tough for us.  Those games are the highest leverage games the Jays are going to play for the remainder of the season, and if we go 5-1 or 6-0 against them its going to kill their playoff hopes.

Edited by Hallas

14 hours ago, rm5678 said:

And I also have nightmares about the 2 consecutive blown saves by Jorge Lopez in Minnesota. Those are 2 games we should have won.

Our bullpen has been so good overall, it’s hard to complain about the few late-innings losses we’ve had.  Most teams, even good ones, have significantly more of those than we do.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Our bullpen has been so good overall, it’s hard to complain about the few late-innings losses we’ve had.  Most teams, even good ones, have significantly more of those than we do.

Lopez has also blown a few for the Twins. 

https://www.twincities.com/2022/09/03/twins-jorge-lopez-takes-frustrations-out-on-turf/

• Upvote 1