Akin demoted, Gillaspie up

eddie83

18 minutes ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

Thanks... I thought Krehbiel had at least one option left. It's a bit puzzling to me then, unless there's more going on with Akin that hasn't been made public. 

I have absolutely no insight into why they made one decision over another, but one of my thoughts is that Akin has always been a starter until this year, and they're worried about the amount of 'ups' he's had and the fatigue that comes with it, and Krehbiel has essentially been a reliever his whole career, minors and MLB. That's my discount-Buck Showalter logic. 

Edited by CharmCityHokie

18 minutes ago, SteveA said:

Well, what if the minor league season ends before then?   What does "down" mean when there is no longer a minor league team.

Maybe that's a loophole?

He can only come back up to replace an injured player. But he would qualify for post season play...

10 hours ago, SteveA said:

Well, what if the minor league season ends before then?   What does "down" mean when there is no longer a minor league team.

Maybe that's a loophole?

How do the Angeloses and Norfolk Tides Baseball Club decide who should pay for his NYC hotel room this weekend?    In case any hard working pitcher the next few days gets any arm inflammation...

It feels like early good Akin simply burnt out this season but at least the Club now has some data to help them map out 2023.

• Like 1