“Orioles big game shopping & most believe it's exclusively rotation”

Roll Tide

Well, I guess I can lock the closed door on Nola or Wheeler moving before the end of their contracts.     Well played, Dombrowski, to continue never failing.    Guessing you'll be back to the Nashville effort the back half of this contract.

July 2023 - Ohtani, Burnes, Woodruff, Giolito, Lynn, (Cease??)

Just now, interloper said:

Lol we are never going to sign a top free agent at this rate. Not saying we can't or shouldn't! Just that we won't. Insane costs. That we can afford, to be clear! But holy cow. 

Watch them not extend anyone at acceptable rates and then complain how expensive they will be to keep when they get close to free agency.

1 minute ago, Can_of_corn said:

Right, because all of this is easy.

I'm sure they're really regretting that Bryce Harper contract. People being shocked that the great players get paid a ton of money will never stop being funny to me. 

6 minutes ago, interloper said:

Lol we are never going to sign a top free agent at this rate. Not saying we can't or shouldn't! Just that we won't. Insane costs. That we can afford, to be clear! But holy cow. 

Of course we won’t. People who think we will are completely delusional.

5 minutes ago, LTO's said:

I'm sure they're really regretting that Bryce Harper contract. People being shocked that the great players get paid a ton of money will never stop being funny to me. 

Bryce Harper was 26 when he signed his deal. Turner is 29.

Harper is an OFer. Turner is a SS, a position that historically players see sharp declines in their early 30s.

The difference is apples to Buicks.

Oh and Harper is coming off TJ surgery and we will see if he ends up being a DH/1st baseman, which further deceases his value.

17 minutes ago, eddie83 said:

Yeah, like deGrom being "low", Trea for $27mm AAV way under predictions.

Would be interesting to compare reaction if this was 8/300 instead of 11/300.    This is basically the NYY move with Aaron Hicks (now in the dead man walking phase) and DJ LeMahieu.

The peak Jackson Holliday teams maybe have Philadelphia as a least likely WS opponent.

Carlos Correa is 1.25 years younger.

Edited by Just Regular