Shintaro Fujinami

Frobby

1 minute ago, dystopia said:

I’m saying I don’t think it was a clear cut decision and there’s a good argument for both pulling him and leaving him in. If Fuji does his job I don’t think there’s much discussion about it afterwards. 

Well you can say that about any decision made but I think a few people mentioned it before the Fuji implosion.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, DirtyBird said:

So what?

When he throws 24 in the 4th and is at 26 for the inning, it doesn’t really matter that he only threw 8 in the 1st.

I don't think he was particularly tired... his last 4 fastballs to Vlad were 99+. 

It's a results based business. Fuji needs to do better.

1 minute ago, Hank Scorpio said:

I don't think he was particularly tired... his last 4 fastballs to Vlad were 99+. 

It's a results based business. Fuji needs to do better.

And Vlad was late on all of them. He didn’t want to throw something to speed up the bat. They tried the cutter (for some reason) and he missed badly on it but that’s probably his worst pitch. 

Just now, Sports Guy said:

And Vlad was late on all of them. He didn’t want to throw something to speed up the bat. They tried the cutter (for some reason) and he missed badly on it but that’s probably his worst pitch. 

Agree 100% if you're throwing anything other than a fastball, throw the same slider he screwed himself into the ground on during the last at bat.

7 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Give me Grayson Rodriguez vs. Springer 100/100 vs. Fuji. 

I'm just hoping they can get Fuji improved before September begins.

Right. Fuji was always going to be a work in progress. Have to give them some time with him and see if they fix him.

If he’s not reliable, he won’t make the postseason roster. It’s as simple as that.

2 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

Right. Fuji was always going to be a work in progress. Have to give them some time with him and see if they fix him.

If he’s not reliable, he won’t make the postseason roster. It’s as simple as that.

It's kinda amazing how polarizing he's been already.

No we shouldn't send him down.

No we shouldn't sign him to an extension immediately.

Let the season conduct itself and see where he is at at the end of the season.

My guess is he's never going to have the level of command you want out of a real shutdown guy but he'll still have some value.

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

Well you can say that about any decision made but I think a few people mentioned it before the Fuji implosion.

No you can’t. Some decisions are pretty clearly bad ones. This one wasn’t. 

You really think there’s a big discussion about pulling him the next day if Fuji does his job? 

The real problem is who he chose to bring in the replace him  

It was a terrible performance....and painful to watch (and painful to the Jays). 3 runs on no hits. On the bright side, you don't win many games when you only score 1 run. Hays (Mr. Doubleplay of late) batting cleanup two days in a row in front of Gunnar is a puzzle to me.

12 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

It's kinda amazing how polarizing he's been already.

No we shouldn't send him down.

No we shouldn't sign him to an extension immediately.

Let the season conduct itself and see where he is at at the end of the season.

My guess is he's never going to have the level of command you want out of a real shutdown guy but he'll still have some value.

I would like to see him working in some low leverage situations.

They said last night that’s how they wanted to use him at first but it just hasn’t worked out that way with the way the games have been played.

We just don’t have enough really good relievers right now. The possibility exists that this won’t be an issue in a few weeks but right now, it’s a problem.