Orioles sign Kyle Gibson

eddie83

Just now, Sports Guy said:

For a pitcher that may/should be better but him being worse wouldnt be surprising.  It’s a bit of an odd transaction.

Not a big deal but it's interesting. Could be a lot of things.  Maybe they are surprised by the market, thought they would replace Lyles with someone like Taillon or Bassitt and had to backtrack.  Maybe Lyles took offense to the buyout and is out of the picture.  Maybe they just love Gibson and had this in mind from the outset.

What's next is a lot more important than this.

8 minutes ago, Getz said:

The chance he will be washed in 2023 is way higher than Lyles would. I'm not advocating for Lyles, I just don't get this deal with Gibson.

Obviously, they think Gibson is better.  They could have gotten Lyles if they wanted him.  

2 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

Not a big deal but it's interesting. Could be a lot of things.  Maybe they are surprised by the market, thought they would replace Lyles with someone like Taillon or Bassitt and had to backtrack.  Maybe Lyles took offense to the buyout and is out of the picture.  Maybe they just love Gibson and had this in mind from the outset.

What's next is a lot more important than this.

I do agree with that. Have to see the whole picture first.