Bryan Reynolds Trade?

DrinkinWithFermi

4 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

He earns no benefit of the doubt if he doesn’t think this team is ready to contend.  That’s just a bad way of looking at things, if that’s how he’s looking at them.

May be but I'm just looking at his actions. Unless he's making big offers and just getting turned down which I would doubt. 

1 hour ago, DrinkinWithFermi said:

There has been some talk here about trading for the bat Elias wants instead of a pitcher and then signing a decent free agent pitcher like Bassitt or Eovaldi, and since Kyle Stowers seems to be disliked by management for some reason despite appearing to have solid potential, I wonder if he could be used as part of a package for Bryan Reynolds' remaining 3 years of control. Of course much more would be needed and Pittsburgh claims they won't trade him, but he recently turned down an extension offer that he allegedly found insulting and subsequently requested a trade, so it's really only a matter of time until they either have to trade him or risk getting nothing substantial for him. From what I have read, they are pretty well-stocked on IF prospects, so young OFs and pitchers would seem like things that would interest them.

Would Stowers, Cowser, and Hall be enough to keep them on the phone? Stowers would give them an MLB-ready OF coming off a decent debut with a full 6 years of control to immediately plug into their lineup, and Cowser and Hall would give them a pair of near-ready top 100 prospects to dream on. You'd probably need to include at least one more piece, maybe a lower minors arm with solid upside that they find interesting?

The guy is a legit MOO switch hitter that has OPS'd over .800 against both RHPs and LHPs for his career and he gets on base at a good clip, which would be a great addition to the Orioles offense, plus he is originally from Baltimore, which would be a neat bonus.

Why trade for him if we won’t pay him either?

Os get:

Lopez

Marlins get:

Reynolds

Mateo or Urias

Pirates get:

Rogers

Stowers

Norby

Prospect in the 5-10 range in Miami system.

Works out to this:

Os deal Norby, Stowers and Urias/Mateo for Lopez

Pirates deal Reynolds for Norby, Stowers, Rogers and Miami prospect 

Marlins trade Rogers, Lopez and a prospect for Reynolds.

I would argue that the Os should get another player back but I think something like this could work. 

Edited by Sports Guy
  • Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

Os get:

Lopez

Marlins get:

Reynolds

Mateo or Urias

Pirates get:

Rogers

Stowers

Norby

Works out to this:

I would argue that the Os should get another player back but I think something like this could work. 

Ok. Fair trade for the Pirates, IMO.   I'm on board with the O's side of it although we are overpaying a bit (as I did with an almost identical trade.      Marlins seem like they are giving up a lot.

Edited by RZNJ

38 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

Os get:

Lopez

Marlins get:

Reynolds

Mateo or Urias

Pirates get:

Rogers

Stowers

Norby

Works out to this:

Ok deal but why do we need a 3 teamer to get one player. Seems we could trade the three guys and get him.

1 hour ago, Roll Tide said:

Ok deal but why do we need a 3 teamer to get one player. Seems we could trade the three guys and get him.

Well like I said, the Marlins and Pirates don’t necessarily need us but that doesn’t mean we don’t trade.

Miami’s biggest need/desire is a good CFer. If we won’t trade ours, maybe Pitt will trade there’s, since he has asked for a trade.

35 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

Well like I said, the Marlins and Pirates don’t necessarily need us but that doesn’t mean we don’t trade.

Miami’s biggest need/desire is a good CFer. If we won’t trade ours, maybe Pitt will trade there’s, since he has asked for a trade.

I got it now

Here’s what I propose …. 

Orioles: Reynolds 

Pirates: Wells, Hays, and Norby

Orioles: Lopez

Marlins: Mullins

Edited by Roll Tide

36 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

Reynolds is stretched as a CF defensively.   I believe is below average out there.   Marlins have a big park.   Just saying.

2 hours ago, E-D-D-I-E said:

Why all the love for Lopez? Maybe because he is all that you guys think is left? His second half wasn't good and that's a sign of 'they figured him out'. He is risky imo and I would move on. 

He finished the season with 6 starts with good peripherals and a 4.26 ERA.    His walk/strikeout numbers were consistently strong each month.   I don’t think they figured him out.  I think he’s good, not great but he’s only 27, has steadily progressed in his career, and has a great changeup.   And, yeah, he’s available apparently.

On 12/8/2022 at 5:04 PM, Roll Tide said:

I got it now

Here’s what I propose …. 

I don't know why we'd swap Reynolds for Mullins. That just complicates the deal and doesn't really give us an upgrade. (Both fWAR and bWAR have Mullins slightly ahead of Reynolds last year). To me the purpose of a three way deal would be to get Lopez while being able to keep Mullins, giving up only prospects.

7 hours ago, Aristotelian said:

I don't know why we'd swap Reynolds for Mullins. That just complicates the deal and doesn't really give us an upgrade. (Both fWAR and bWAR have Mullins slightly ahead of Reynolds last year). To me the purpose of a three way deal would be to get Lopez while being able to keep Mullins, giving up only prospects.

You misunderstood….I do two separate trades. 

2 hours ago, Roll Tide said:

You misunderstood….I do two separate trades. 

I see. Given how unlikely it is for trades to come together, I highly doubt we will see two separate trades. I would definitely not pull the trigger on the Marlins first, leaving us with a hole CF and needing to outbid other teams on Reynolds.

Also that deal is not close to getting Reynolds. Probably need to include Cowser at a minimum. They will want Holliday. Norby-plus isn't close. For what it's worth Trade Simulator has Reynolds as a 60, Norby-Wells-Hays barely gets you to 30.

On 12/8/2022 at 2:44 PM, Roll Tide said:

Why trade for him if we won’t pay him either?

Because he is an extremely good player with 3 full years of control.

On 12/8/2022 at 5:04 PM, Roll Tide said:

I got it now

Here’s what I propose …. 

Pittsburgh would laugh hysterically at that offer and then hang up on us.