Bryan Reynolds Trade?

DrinkinWithFermi

On 12/8/2022 at 1:56 PM, DrinkinWithFermi said:

I could be wrong but my understanding is that at least Varsho, Carroll, and Thomas are considered fairly viable in CF.

They absolutely are. I'm not sure what's @Sports Guy is/was talking about. And they absolutely have enough OF depth to trade one of them, although I'm assuming Carroll is off limits. 

On 12/8/2022 at 5:04 PM, Roll Tide said:

I got it now

Here’s what I propose …. 

Orioles: Reynolds 

Pirates: Wells, Hays, and Norby

Orioles: Lopez

Marlins: Mullins

The Marlins trade is definitely realistic and doable (I suggested it in another thread), but the Pirates trade isn't even close. Pittsburgh is going to want prospects, not mediocrity. 

On 12/8/2022 at 2:47 PM, Sports Guy said:

Os get:

Lopez

Marlins get:

Reynolds

Mateo or Urias

Pirates get:

Rogers

Stowers

Norby

Prospect in the 5-10 range in Miami system.

Works out to this:

Os deal Norby, Stowers and Urias/Mateo for Lopez

Pirates deal Reynolds for Norby, Stowers, Rogers and Miami prospect 

Marlins trade Rogers, Lopez and a prospect for Reynolds.

I would argue that the Os should get another player back but I think something like this could work. 

The Marlins aren't going to trade two of their starting pitchers and it really feels like you're over complicating this. The Marlins want an OF bat they can play. Trade them Mullins for Lopez or Santander for Rogers. Then if you want to acquire Reynolds (doesn't seem realistic to me) call the Pirates. 

2 hours ago, Aristotelian said:

I see. Given how unlikely it is for trades to come together, I highly doubt we will see two separate trades. I would definitely not pull the trigger on the Marlins first, leaving us with a hole CF and needing to outbid other teams on Reynolds.

Also that deal is not close to getting Reynolds. Probably need to include Cowser at a minimum. They will want Holliday. Norby-plus isn't close. For what it's worth Trade Simulator has Reynolds as a 60, Norby-Wells-Hays barely gets you to 30.

So you call Pittsburgh and say I hear Reynold could be available. I’m willing to offer Hays, Norby, and Wells or a pitcher in our top 30 not named Grayson.

At the same time I call Miami and say Mullins might be available for the right deal. Ala Billy Beane you’d say ….Your my first call. I’m thinking Mullins for Lopez and a prospect.

See what the Pirates want ..if it’s the deal  mentioned or a top 30 pitcher I make the deal. Tell them to draw it up and I’ll be back to the in 30 minutes.

On to the Marlins ….. don’t really care about the prospect but it gives me room to back to straight up. If these say yes I ask for 3 names in their top 25 that I can chose. once I confirm the Pirates deal I agree on this one. But, honestly…I don’t think you’d have trouble getting a pretty good SP for that offer. Heck, I’d probably call and offer the deal for Burnes with their choice of Wells or Hall. You never know!

Edited by Roll Tide

1 hour ago, waroriole said:

Why do you think PIT would trade Reynolds for our spare parts? That’s not even close to get Reynolds. 

Wells or Hall aren’t spare parts….he’s top 100. Norby is our #10 prospect on the best farm system in baseball, and Hays can immediately replace Reynolds. Hays isn’t trash ….He’s a good but not great player.

1 hour ago, DrinkinWithFermi said:
1 hour ago, DrinkinWithFermi said:

Because he is an extremely good player with 3 full years of control.

Pittsburgh would laugh hysterically at that offer and then hang up on us.

How so ….Wells was a 1.2 WAR SP controlled through 2026that missed time due to injury. He probably would’ve equaled Reynolds if he didn’t get hurt. Or Hall is a top 100 prospect. Hays was 2.3 WAR player …just a half win behind Reynolds under control until 2026. Norby is our #10 and near MLB ready and you’d have 5 or 6 years with a .847 OPS so far.

Its a very solid opening offer 

13 minutes ago, Roll Tide said:

Wells or Hall aren’t spare parts….he’s top 100. Norby is our #10 prospect on the best farm system in baseball, and Hays can immediately replace Reynolds. Hays isn’t trash ….He’s a good but not great player.

Why are you trying to act like Hall was part of your trade proposal now?

29 minutes ago, HakunaSakata said:

The Marlins trade is definitely realistic and doable (I suggested it in another thread), but the Pirates trade isn't even close. Pittsburgh is going to want prospects, not mediocrity. 

Hall and Norby are prospects. As I mentioned, Hays was just a half a war less than Reynolds. And Well is a SP that was pretty dam good SP for half a season with 4 years of control. Unless they are rebuilding it gives them something to sell to their fan base.

The offer was a starter….and certainly can be tweaked already….Take Hays (Top 100), Norby (Top 10 in our system) and a 3rd (anybody below #7). If you have to throw in a lottery ticket kid.

8 minutes ago, waroriole said:

Why are you trying to act like Hall was part of your trade proposal now?

So i didn’t name him….said propose….starts the conversation…. Best offer shouldn’t be your first! ….but trade offers are flexible. Why are you constantly being a jerk? 

Id rather have Wells than Hall personally! I don’t think he’s anymore than a bullpen arm. He struggles to pitch 5, walks too many with control issues. 

Hey Bigshot ….I bet Wells has more career WAR than Hall? I’m sure I’ll hear crickets or some Lame-oh excuse from you. But, I’m game

Edited by Roll Tide

5 minutes ago, Roll Tide said:

So i didn’t name him….said propose….starts the conversation…. Best offer shouldn’t be your first! ….but trade offers are flexible. Why are you constantly being a jerk? 

Id rather have Wells than Hall personally! I don’t think he’s anymore than a bullpen arm. He struggles to pitch 5, walks too many with control issues. 

Hey Bigshot ….I bet Wells has more career WAR than Hall? I’m sure I’ll hear crickets or some Lame-oh excuse from you. But, I’m game

How am I being a jerk? You propose a trade that has no chance and then when called out on it, you try to sneak in someone who wasn’t part of your proposal. Then get all worked up and throw down some challenge about who’s more valuable between Wells and Hall. Lol calm down. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

15 minutes ago, Roll Tide said:

How so ….Wells was a 1.2 WAR SP controlled through 2026that missed time due to injury. He probably would’ve equaled Reynolds if he didn’t get hurt. Or Hall is a top 100 prospect. Hays was 2.3 WAR player …just a half win behind Reynolds under control until 2026. Norby is our #10 and near MLB ready and you’d have 5 or 6 years with a .847 OPS so far.

Its a very solid opening offer 

You are looking at a down year for Reynolds. He has 13 WAR over 3 full seasons. He is more of a 4 WAR player with 6 WAR established ceiling. No way in the world they view Hays as near equivalent. Anyway, they are going to want the headliner to be a top tier prospect with 6+ years of control. Cowser would fit their needs much more than any of Hays/Wells/Norby. Those three could be extras in a deal around Cowser/Hall, but that might not be enough depending on what other teams are offering. 

1 hour ago, HakunaSakata said:

The Marlins aren't going to trade two of their starting pitchers and it really feels like you're over complicating this. The Marlins want an OF bat they can play. Trade them Mullins for Lopez or Santander for Rogers. Then if you want to acquire Reynolds (doesn't seem realistic to me) call the Pirates. 

I’m with you but as I said, I don’t think the Os are trading these guys, so we need to figure out another way while also getting Miami what it wants the most…a CFer

1 hour ago, Roll Tide said:

Hall and Norby are prospects. As I mentioned, Hays was just a half a war less than Reynolds. And Well is a SP that was pretty dam good SP for half a season with 4 years of control. Unless they are rebuilding it gives them something to sell to their fan base.

The offer was a starter….and certainly can be tweaked already….Take Hays (Top 100), Norby (Top 10 in our system) and a 3rd (anybody below #7). If you have to throw in a lottery ticket kid.

To put things in context, if Reynolds was a free agent he would be valued more than Nimmo who was just given an eight year, $162M contract. The Pirates are going to be looking for at least one very high level prospect in return for him (and rightfully so). Players like Wells, Hays, and Norby aren't enough to even get their attention. We (Orioles fans) are only people naive enough to still think Hays might be a "thing". He's one more mediocre season away from being Nomar Mazara, who we were just able to sign to a minor league contract. 

44 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

I’m with you but as I said, I don’t think the Os are trading these guys, so we need to figure out another way while also getting Miami what it wants the most…a CFer

Santander most certainly shouldn't be untouchable. This article suggests trading him now might be their best move and I tend to agree.