Bryan Reynolds Trade?

DrinkinWithFermi

5 hours ago, waroriole said:

How am I being a jerk? You propose a trade that has no chance and then when called out on it, you try to sneak in someone who wasn’t part of your proposal. Then get all worked up and throw down some challenge about who’s more valuable between Wells and Hall. Lol calm down. 

So you think Hall is worth considerably more than Tyler Wells? I don’t …. Wells already gave you 1/2 season at 1.2 WAR and he was considerably better than his final ERA most of the season. 

Again, I personally would be glad if they’d prefer Hall whom I think is a boom or bust type. Mostly on the bust side  for the reasons I said.

No chance? LMAO….. Glad all the armchair GMs now reside here. Figured you pass on my offer! Lol 

Theyd take hall but laugh and hang up if you’re offering Wells. That’s basically what you are saying. 

Edited by Roll Tide

4 hours ago, HakunaSakata said:

To put things in context, if Reynolds was a free agent he would be valued more than Nimmo who was just given an eight year, $162M contract. The Pirates are going to be looking for at least one very high level prospect in return for him (and rightfully so). Players like Wells, Hays, and Norby aren't enough to even get their attention. We (Orioles fans) are only people naive enough to still think Hays might be a "thing". He's one more mediocre season away from being Nomar Mazara, who we were just able to sign to a minor league contract. 

Hall is #87 currently in the top 100. They could have Cowser to as far as I’m concerned but I’d want to extend Reynolds if they are getting 2 top 100. 

1 hour ago, sportsfan8703 said:

I love this board. “We need prospects. Oh, we have prospects. Well then, let’s trade these prospects immediately for high priced vets.”  

I like Reynolds’s, but I’d rather have Cowser or Hall. 

Prospects are prospects…many will bust, some will be mediocre, fewer wil be solid major leaguers,very few will be stars. Many overvalue them and then are disappointed. Your probably one of the later.

Edited by Roll Tide

24 minutes ago, Roll Tide said:

Prospects are prospects…many will bust, some will be mediocre, fewer wil be solid major leaguers,very few will be stars. Many overvalue them and then are disappointed. Your probably one of the later.

The ones who become solid ML players and stars are worth their weight in gold.  How’s your crystal ball working?

4 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

The ones who become solid ML players and stars are worth their weight in gold.  How’s your crystal ball working?

That's not really that much is it?

Let's look at Adley, he's listed at 220 so we will go with that.  That's 3,520 ounces.  Gold is going for $1,792/ounce.  That's only $6,307,840.  He was worth 5.2 rWAR last season.  At 8M/win that's over 40 Million and he made under a million.  That's a lot more than 6M in excess value.

• Upvote 2

11 hours ago, RZNJ said:

I don’t claim to have one …..just goes back to all the bust we’ve had over the years. It’s obviously Elias job to figure out which are the elite and the ones that aren’t and move them while they have value. I’m not trading Gunnar or Grayson. Holiday it’s too early but none of the other are untouchable but I’m not giving them away. I’d trade a lot for Burnes or Cease.

I ultimately think Hall will end up disappointing 

Edited by Roll Tide

4 minutes ago, Roll Tide said:

I don’t claim to have one …..just goes back to all the bust we’ve had over the years. It’s obviously Elias job to figure out which are the elite and the ones that aren’t and move them while they have value. I’m not trading Gunnar or Grayson. Holiday it’s too early but none of the other are untouchable but I’m not giving them away. I’d trade a lot for Burnes or Cease.

I agree with you.  I think a lot of us would have been willing to include Henderson in a package about this time last year.  

4 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

I agree with you.  I think a lot of us would have been willing to include Henderson in a package about this time last year.  

If it was for a guy like Burnes or Cease that would be fine as well. We need a TOR and sometimes both sides can win. Gunnar was really on a fast track as he went through 3 levels in 21 and 2 last year not counting the bigs. Despite being very young. That’s a guy your less likely to make a mistake on. My point is you can’t keep them all and some need to be used to supplement the roster. Going off Elias plan some of these guys will need to be traded for starting pitching since we aren’t drafting any/many high draft pitchers/ pitchers. 

37 minutes ago, Roll Tide said:

If it was for a guy like Burnes or Cease that would be fine as well. We need a TOR and sometimes both sides can win. Gunnar was really on a fast track as he went through 3 levels in 21 and 2 last year not counting the bigs. Despite being very young. That’s a guy your less likely to make a mistake on. My point is you can’t keep them all and some need to be used to supplement the roster. Going off Elias plan some of these guys will need to be traded for starting pitching since we aren’t drafting any/many high draft pitchers/ pitchers. 

Corbin Burnes was a 4th round pick I believe.   He’s traded for Bradish, Pinto, Povich, McDermott, etc.    Tony just included 9 young Latin American pitchers in our 31-50 prospects.   We did draft a pitcher in the 3rd round last year.   That’s Plan A going forward I think.  They may fool us by drafting a pitcher higher this year.   Burnes would eat up a lot of prospect capital even if he were available.   Tough choice.

16 hours ago, Roll Tide said:

So you think Hall is worth considerably more than Tyler Wells? I don’t …. Wells already gave you 1/2 season at 1.2 WAR and he was considerably better than his final ERA most of the season. 

Again, I personally would be glad if they’d prefer Hall whom I think is a boom or bust type. Mostly on the bust side  for the reasons I said.

No chance? LMAO….. Glad all the armchair GMs now reside here. Figured you pass on my offer! Lol 

Theyd take hall but laugh and hang up if you’re offering Wells. That’s basically what you are saying. 

Yea that’s accurate.  Hall’s upside is off the charts.  Teams would, unquestionably, value that a lot more.

2 hours ago, Sports Guy said:

Yea that’s accurate.  Hall’s upside is off the charts.  Teams would, unquestionably, value that a lot more.

“Upside “ ….I’m sure Hayden Penn’s, Dillion Bundy ….need I go on. I think he has a low floor

Edited by Roll Tide
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, Roll Tide said:

It’s always a tough call.  The bust rate on highly rated prospects is always much higher than people appreciate.  But the reward when they click, in terms of performance vs. cost, is also very high.   So it’s a bird in the hand vs. two in the bush situation most of the time.  

7 minutes ago, Frobby said:

It’s always a tough call.  The bust rate on highly rated prospects is always much higher than people appreciate.  But the reward when they click, in terms of performance vs. cost, is also very high.   So it’s a bird in the hand vs. two in the bush situation most of the time.  

As I mentioned you have to count Elias and his team knowing which to deal. Sometimes it takes value to get value 

On 12/10/2022 at 11:19 AM, Roll Tide said:

How so ….Wells was a 1.2 WAR SP controlled through 2026that missed time due to injury. He probably would’ve equaled Reynolds if he didn’t get hurt. Or Hall is a top 100 prospect. Hays was 2.3 WAR player …just a half win behind Reynolds under control until 2026. Norby is our #10 and near MLB ready and you’d have 5 or 6 years with a .847 OPS so far.

Its a very solid opening offer 

No, it isn't. Reynolds is a star-caliber player with 3 years of control.

Hays would hold roughly zero interest to them as a solid but unspectacular player already heading into his arb years and Wells is probably best-suited to a swingman or pure reliever role, and he is only a year away from arbitration himself. If they are going to trade the final 3 years of best player, they are going to want some combination of high ceiling guys and high floor guys with tons of cheap control left, and they need OFs and pitchers right now, so Cowser, Stowers, and Hall is a much more realistic starting point than Hays, Wells, and Norby.

On 12/10/2022 at 10:47 AM, HakunaSakata said:

They absolutely are. I'm not sure what's @Sports Guy is/was talking about. And they absolutely have enough OF depth to trade one of them, although I'm assuming Carroll is off limits. 

Thanks, I thought that was the case.