Tex traded to Baves

bigbird

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Atlanta is the worst possible destination for Teixeira and his pursuit of being a Baltimore Oriole. His wife is from there and he played his college ball there. It'll be home team vs. college town.

Of course, we know what "wife's home town" meant to A.J. Burnett, so we'll see.

Can you say "Brian Jordan?"

This is depressing. Are the O's going to make any moves between now and the deadline?!? Obviously no major ones, since Tex was the only Big Fish I've heard discussed around here, really (prove me wrong, MacPhail!).

Wow. So, Texas doesn't get a top line pitcher in the deal. I find that surprising. I guess they are really expecting guys like Hurley to be ready soon.

It's funny, that's one of the first things I thought. I'd love to have a catcher like Saltalamacchia, but TX has had problems for quite some time developing their own pitchers and it's rare to have someone with Teixieira's trade value.

Has the price of young pitching risen so high that no one was offering a top, young pitching prospect? :confused: Or is Daniels just making the same mistake as Hart and other TX GM's?

The one thing that scares me is that Atlanta is going to have a lot of room by the end of 2008 especially with AJones gone next year and Hampton's contract next year. They will have money to spend. The question is, Does Boras make Tex test the market?

Wow. So, Texas doesn't get a top line pitcher in the deal. I find that surprising. I guess they are really expecting guys like Hurley to be ready soon.

Didn't they get Harrison, he's the Braves top pitching prospect, and he's not even 22 yet.

Archived