Content hire..Cal Perry

Sports Guy

Just now, Pickles said:

You know, for being super tolerant, you keep slandering an  entire generation of people for not being as enlightened as you.

I'm not using it as a generational term but an attitude.

The term for the actual generation is "Baby Boomer".  A "Boomer" is something else.  Kinda like how "Karen" isn't actually a comment about people named Karen.

Sorry if my nuance confuses you.

4 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

If they did they should have been on top of this from the start.  Which would have been great and a good look for them.  That doesn't seem to have happened.

Fair enough. But we're drawing conclusions based on tweets. Probably reasonable and informed conclusions, but still... who knows the conversations happening inside the warehouse. 

1 minute ago, Jagwar said:

I'll admit, it doesn't look good. But we don't have access to the internal dialogue in the warehouse. 

If I was in charge (and I'm not), I'd probably cut bait. 

I think folks are mostly just chuckling about it.  I'd try and spin it in my favor and keep him around.

While reviewing our hiring practices.

1 minute ago, Can_of_corn said:

I'm not using it as a generational term but an attitude.

The term for the actual generation is "Baby Boomer".  A "Boomer" is something else.  Kinda like how "Karen" isn't actually a comment about people named Karen.

Sorry if my nuance confuses you.

Karen is generally accepted to be a racist term.  Your tolerance continues to amaze.

4 minutes ago, Pickles said:

You know, for being super tolerant, you keep slandering an  entire generation of people for not being as enlightened as you.

What did he say that indicates he is "slandering an entire generation of people"? 

2 minutes ago, Pickles said:

Karen is generally accepted to be a racist term.  Your tolerance continues to amaze.

I don't know if it is racist, but I'm actually dating someone named Karen. She's obviously not a fan of the the stereotype. 

Just now, Can_of_corn said:

Did I say I personally use the term to describe individuals?

No.

You however just called a person a piece of human garbage.

Oh, I didn't realize racial slurs were cool so long as we weren't describing individuals.

I'll drop this now because this is exactly what's wrong with twitter and social media in general: People pretending to be offended by things in order placte their internal emptiness and demonstrate their superior morality.

Cal Perry is human garbage.  All propagandists are, which describes virtually everyone working in corporate media.

He spent years lying to the American public, and the world at large, about the Iraq War.  He's almost certainly a spook as well.  He must not be very intelligent to end up here, but he's certainly garbage none the less.

• Downvote 1

1 minute ago, Pickles said:

Oh, I didn't realize racial slurs were cool so long as we weren't describing individuals.

I'll drop this now because this is exactly what's wrong with twitter and social media in general: People pretending to be offended by things in order placte their internal emptiness and demonstrate their superior morality.

Cal Perry is human garbage.  All propagandists are, which describes virtually everyone working in corporate media.

He spent years lying to the American public, and the world at large, about the Iraq War.  He's almost certainly a spook as well.  He must not be very intelligent to end up here, but he's certainly garbage none the less.

Also people who know exactly what a person is over the internet 

5 minutes ago, Jagwar said:

I don't know if it is racist, but I'm actually dating someone named Karen. She's obviously not a fan of the the stereotype. 

Ha.  Even though that "Karen" may have been racist I don't think the "Karen" thing means you (the Karen) is also a racist but what do I know.