2023 DT Projections

Just Regular

Looks like Clay Davenport has pushed his out.

http://claydavenport.com/projections/PROJHOME.shtml

BAL 5 games or more behind every 6th place aspirant they are chasing.

I've only looked at a few but his player cards give Six-year mean projections, which I don't believe ZiPS or Steamer do over at Fangraphs.      They are very high on Cedric Mullins holding his value in the Adley/Gunnar neighborhood, but very low on Jordan Westburg, who they see as never attaining 2 WAR.       

For position player regulars it looks like they give a full complement of at-bats for as long as the player can stay above replacement, so guys mostly get measured on full-time scale.     But everybody knows if it takes you 550 PA to get your 1.6 WAR, you probably aren't helping your Club be in the Top 6 of its league.

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1

I wonder how models/projection systems consider the degree of prospect (or small sample size) success/failure?  Not only for these independent types, but for Elias/Sigs modeling as well?

13 hours ago, Spy Fox said:

I’m quite surprised to see a projection system with the Xanderless Red Sox at 88 wins. Or the Rays at a mere .500. 

Yup...