Orioles over/under win total

eddie83

It was out #2, Philly led 4-1 but KC had the bases loaded with one out.   Frank White hit the foul pop.

Tug McGraw then struck out Willie Wilson  to end it.

Before the 3rd out, they brought out police with German Shepherds to line the field to prevent the Philly fans from storming the field.   If the dogs had already been out there, Rose might have had to contend with one trying to make that play.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Moose Milligan said:

I will take the over.  It's been a garbage offseason but I believe we're better simply by subtraction (Odor, Chirinos) and we'll have full seasons of Adley and Gunnar, plus G-Rod should be able to be as good, if not better than any SP we had last year.  

This is essentially where I'm at.  I know we overplayed our pythagorean last year.  But this team, as of now, is better than last year's for all of the reasons listed above and having more prospects ready for promotion soon.  I think we're also better positioned to make additions before and during spring training and at the deadline.  I think that Elias misjudged the team's readiness to compete at the deadline in 2022.  I hope he doesn't make the same mistake in 2023.

1 hour ago, Sports Guy said:

Was it a Geena Davis style lay out?  If not, he just isn’t doing it right.

Sorry, I don't know that reference, had to search it to find a baseball movie (A League of Their Own). So how did she do it?

12 hours ago, now said:

I dreamed last night the Orioles won the World Series. Adley laid out to catch a popup for the final out. Disclaimer for you bettors: I can't say for sure what year this scenario unfolded! 

MLB.com predictions arrive on schedule today: O's over Dodgers in 2028!

https://www.mlb.com/news/predicting-world-series-winners-from-2023-2032

• Like 1

16 hours ago, now said:

MLB.com predictions arrive on schedule today: O's over Dodgers in 2028!

https://www.mlb.com/news/predicting-world-series-winners-from-2023-2032

I'm kind of hoping for the '27 Orioles to set this Century's "27" standard for brilliance.     That team still has Adley!

Edited by Just Regular

4 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Don't forget the PRP injections that never seemed to work for the O's.

Right.  I don't recall any Oriole pitcher not eventually having to have the surgery once they had the forearm tightness or were diagnosed with some kind of tear.   I do believe Sydney Ponson pitched with a minor tear for much of his career.   Tanaka on the Yankees as well.