Orioles changing their food vendor

Going Underground

4 hours ago, eddie83 said:

“Frictionless experiences.”

Corporate jargon amuses me so much.  

At an old job people were often working on "wizards," AKA, little pieces of software that help guide someone to do something. 

Someone once said in a business call "we want people to seamlessly experience the wizard without friction."

Edited by Spy Fox

1 hour ago, Hallas said:

My experience with both LA teams and Minute Maid Park in Houston is that they were not nearly as generous with their BYOF policy as OPACY is, in terms of bag size, amount of food allowed, etc.  But its possible that Baltimore's policy has changed to be less lenient.  I know you used to be able to bring a 4 course banquet in and they wouldn't bat an eyelash, but I seem to recall some discussion around them possibly changing this.

Camden Yards policy for 2022:

This season, fans can bring food and non-alcoholic beverages into Oriole Park using the following guidelines:

• All items must be contained in a clear, plastic bag no larger than one-gallon in size.
  • Only one bag (one-gallon size) is allowed per guest.
  • Food items should resemble individual portions and not bulk quantities.
  • Guests may bring in a factory-sealed, plastic, non-alcoholic beverage, no larger than 20 oz.
  • Frozen water bottles are prohibited for safety purposes.

13 hours ago, eddie83 said:

I wonder if this impacts the soft drink vendor at all? The other year they dropped Coke for Pepsi. Considering it was under Delaware North I would assume no.  

Dan Connolly posted this on Twitter:

"Here is the answer to the question that so many Orioles fans have been waiting for. Ready? Camden Yards remains a Pepsi-products location. That is independent of the new deal just signed with Levy to handle concessions at OPaCY."

Edited by rm5678

26 minutes ago, rm5678 said:

Dan Connolly posted this on Twitter:

"Here is the answer to the question that so many Orioles fans have been waiting for. Ready? Camden Yards remains a Pepsi-products location. That is independent of the new deal just signed with Levy to handle concessions at OPaCY."

Well I am happy about that.  Pepsi! No Coke!

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, Hallas said:

My experience with both LA teams and Minute Maid Park in Houston is that they were not nearly as generous with their BYOF policy as OPACY is, in terms of bag size, amount of food allowed, etc.  But its possible that Baltimore's policy has changed to be less lenient.  I know you used to be able to bring a 4 course banquet in and they wouldn't bat an eyelash, but I seem to recall some discussion around them possibly changing this.

It's changed from what it once was (I remember going as a kid and my dad pulling a cooler inside the stadium all the way to upperdeck). The maximum you are allowed to bring in is one gallon-size clear plastic bag per person, so whatever you can cram in that is what you can bring in and one drink 20-oz or less in a plastic bottle sealed bottle. I know this because when I go I'm usually the only 35+ year age person waiting in the line to go through the metal detector holding my little baggie of snacks; everyone else that has a bag of snacks is like 8 years old or less; it feels like an elementary school field trip.