MLBN Radio on Orioles

eddie83

I listened for only about 20 minutes yesterday but I picked a good time to do so. It was the end of the Front Office show with Jim Bowden and Jim Duquette.

Each played the role of a GM and what they would do. Bowden said the Rangers should sign Profar and Duquette said the Orioles should sign Wacha and he said he would be willing to go 2/24. Then they focused on the Orioles specifically. Bowden said many people at the Network expect a regression from the Orioles. He threw it back to Duquette who said he didn’t think that would happen and Bowden agreed. Bowden talked again about how the Orioles were aggressive and brought up Taillon specifically. Said something along the lines of them being maybe a year away from being a strong contender. Duquette said he thought they would finish with a winning record, along the lines of last year. Bowden likes  the Orioles as well. At the end of the segment Duquette said he heard from someone that the depth and talent of the Orioles system compared to the Expos of years ago. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 2

45 minutes ago, wildcard said:

I doubt Elias would offer a multi year contract to Wacha.  Probably 1/7 or 8.   Like he did with Lyles last year.

Makes me wonder why Wacha is still out there. Waiting on a 2 year deal? Waiting for an arm to go down in the spring? 

• Upvote 1

I think Nightengale reported in USA Today that he wanted a deal worth $15m/year a couple weeks ago.

I wouldn't revolt if they gave him 1/$10 with a team option for $12m in 2024 or a buyout for $2m. Would likely be the equivalent of 1/$12m at that point. Pricier than I would prefer but not too much of a commitment.

22 hours ago, Sports Guy said:

Doesn’t want to come here?

Maybe the O’s don’t want him that much? If there are potential deals out there in the trade market that are better options than Wacha then Elias would be wise not to waste a rotation spot on Wacha.