2023 Ongoing Lineup Thread

Ripken

On the bright side, let's all celebrate that Austin Hays is back in the lineup! Oh-Yeah!

With Tyler Wells on the mound, the Orioles are going to need their best outfielders who can cover some ground because Wells is a extreme fly ball pitcher and he gets hit deep in the outfield alot.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, DirtyBird said:

Frazier has .998 OPS over last 14 days. Does that count as hot?

Fair. 

Still, on a game like this where a pitcher is handing out bases like they’re candy, wish Westburg was out there.  Anything to keep the positive momentum and hot start moving.

Also, Urias has a 650 OPS over the last 15 days, so clearly that’s what I meant! :D

3 minutes ago, Orioles Jim said:

Fair. 

Still, on a game like this where a pitcher is handing out bases like they’re candy, wish Westburg was out there.  Anything to keep the positive momentum and hot start moving.

Also, Urias has a 650 OPS over the last 15 days, so clearly that’s what I meant! :D

Still a lot of baseball left to be played in the season. Makes sense to keep guys fresh, and keep the entire roster engaged.

If you want guys to be effective off the bench in matchup situations, they need to be getting some regular reps.

Because of injuries and Cowser/Westburg being in the minors, Hyde hasn’t gotten a chance to trot out this combo of players  

The A+ lineup is what I’m predicting  

1. Gunnar L SS

2. Adley S C

3. Santa S DH

4. O’Hearn L 1B

5. Hays R LF

6. Mullins L CF

7.  Cowser L RF

8. Westburg R 3B

9. Frazier L 2B 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

Because of injuries and Cowser/Westburg being in the minors, Hyde hasn’t gotten a chance to trot out this combo of players  

The A+ lineup is what I’m predicting  

1. Gunnar L SS

2. Adley S C

3. Santa S DH

4. O’Hearn L 1B

5. Hays R LF

6. Mullins L CF

7.  Cowser L RF

8. Westburg R 3B

9. Frazier L 2B 

I think the a+ group is this with Urias 3B/Westburg 2B. Frazier and Hicks are the utility guys.

1 minute ago, Billy F-Face3 said:

I don't think Adley is catching today. Maybe not even playing. It's a sunday day game before a travel day, and Adley is flying to Seattle to be in the Home Run Derby tomorrow.

Yeah, I agree with you. McCann is probably behind the dish with Santander DHing

4 minutes ago, Billy F-Face3 said:

I don't think Adley is catching today. Maybe not even playing. It's a sunday day game before a travel day, and Adley is flying to Seattle to be in the Home Run Derby tomorrow.

Adley sat Friday, didn’t he? I think he starts at catcher today or at a minimum is in there at DH.

Mullins hitting 6th looks so odd to me. 

Gunnar has hit well at lead off but at some point they’re going to need to rely on him to drive in runs. I suppose don’t tinker with what’s working but Ced in the six hole is just weird looking on paper. 

I would have gone with Frazier today over Urias and DH’d Ant over Hicks to play CC in right. Maybe their data spit out this lineup as the best option against Ryan. Iunno. 

it’s:

Gunnar SS

Adley C

Ant RF

O’Hearn 1B

Hays LF

Ced CF

Hicks DH

JW 2B

Urias 3B

Hicks DHing is pretty dumb. It would be better to have Cowser DH today. Cowser's 23 years old, he doesn't need a day off prior to the All Star break.

Hicks is a career .231/.330/.717 hitter and slightly below league average OPS+, and he's almost identically replicated that line in 2023.

Just play your most talented players. That's Cowser.

• Upvote 1