Colton Cowser 2023

DirtyBird

This guy is a beast. Seeing him live he just looks like a player, ready to play. Not to mention that easy monster shot with the wrists. If I'm the manager, I want him on my team now. :)

I can see it now... Joltin' Colton :)

16 hours ago, CaptainRedbeard said:

That HR is of course not out in OPACY but I was shocked to see how far it went in Sarasota. That’s some serious oppo power. 

I think the contact and L/R split issues are real and hopefully he'll figure them out, but the power started to emerge last year and I really like that about him. Unless you count Markakis's doubles, he wasn't really a power guy.

Cowser was originally supposed to be a lot like Markakis, but I think we're seeing a different prospect emerging. One with more power, similar BBs, and worse contact.

One of The Athletic's podcasters mentioned he wrote up Orioles LF for fantasy playing time speculators as one of the Top 7 scenarios where the incumbent could be approaching the job loss zone.

Hopefully we get the good Hays, and Cowser's angle of approach runs a bit more through pushing Santander or Stowers towards a more DH devoted role - I believe Cowser reasonably above Stowers/Santander on the grass.