Colton Cowser 2023

DirtyBird

9 hours ago, deward said:

What's wrong with having a hobby? There are some expensive, hardcore Lego sets marketed primarily to adults. 

It was a joke.  I prefer ball players that spend their free time in the woods hunting and fishing.  

Edited by emmett16

23 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

It’s much better than most guys his age are doing. I’d rather him be playing with Leggo SS then drinking. 

Guys in the minors that are drinking will not make it.  Apart from obvious issues alcohol wreaks havoc on tendons & ligaments and will lead to injury.  

2 hours ago, Fiver6565 said:

It someone building a Lego set in his free time bothers you, you need to reconsider, because that is definitely not open minded. 

Fair.  To each his own.  If I’m going to spend hundreds of hours building something I’m gonna want to live in it or drive it, not stick it on a shelf.  It was a joke, apparently a bad & offensive one at that.  

22 minutes ago, emmett16 said:

Fair.  To each his own.  If I’m going to spend hundreds of hours building something I’m gonna want to live in it or drive it, not stick it on a shelf.  It was a joke, apparently a bad & offensive one at that.  

I don't think it was offensive, but I do think you stirred up a nerd hive! :D 

Either way, I'm more worried how Cowser performs on the field then what he does in his offtime. 

28 minutes ago, emmett16 said:

Ha.  Every comment you’ve made since the original post just confirms that the original wasn’t a joke.  Hey, I have no interest in Lego building myself but it doesn’t bother me one iota if someone else does.   It actually does seem to bother you.

10 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

I don't think it was offensive, but I do think you stirred up a nerd hive! :D 

Either way, I'm more worried how Cowser performs on the field then what he does in his offtime. 

The swing just looks off right now, he’s pressing,  & his timing is a disaster.  IIRC he started off super slow last year.  I’m being patient for time being & keeping fingers crossed that swing plays at the highest level and he makes an adjustment/gets his timing back.  

12 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

Ha.  Every comment you’ve made since the original post just confirms that the original wasn’t a joke.  Hey, I have no interest in Lego building myself but it doesn’t bother me one iota if someone else does.   It actually does seem to bother you.

Ok.  “Poking fun” “being playful” joking around”  “being an ass” take your pick.  

I tend to do that with folks I like and interact with.  Guess it doesn’t translate well through the internet.  

Currently working on a 1500 piece Porche GT3 with my son.  I love him to death, but I find it maddening.  

Edited by emmett16

3 minutes ago, emmett16 said:

Ok.  “Poking fun” “being playful” joking around”  “being an ass” take your pick.  

I tend to do that with folks I like and interact with.  Guess it doesn’t translate well through the internet.  

No biggie.  It doesn’t come across as poking fun.  It comes across as you don’t get why he does it and it kind of bothers you.

3 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

No biggie.  It doesn’t come across as poking fun.  It comes across as you don’t get why he does it and it kind of bothers you.

Why are wasting time worrying about what bothers him? Who cares? Let's get back to Cowser.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

Apparently his exit velos were excellent last night. Hopefully he starts hitting.

The last 3 games, he’s 5 for 15 with a double, a triple and a walk.  Baby steps.

Where does one find Statcast data for AAA games/players?

Edited by Frobby
  • Upvote 1