Heston Kjerstad 2023

Three Run Homer

Here's one I wouldn't have guessed - Fangraphs Speed measure for the Eastern League gives Kjerstad 5th of 93.   

https://www.fangraphs.com/leaders/minor-league?pos=all&level=0&lg=5&stats=bat&qual=y&type=1&team=&season=2023&seasonEnd=2023&org=&ind=0&splitTeam=false&players=&sort=13,1

He's 4th in wRC+, where his fellow elite draft pick Henry Davis is on top.

Triples!

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Just Regular said:

Here's one I wouldn't have guessed - Fangraphs Speed measure for the Eastern League gives Kjerstad 5th of 93.   

https://www.fangraphs.com/leaders/minor-league?pos=all&level=0&lg=5&stats=bat&qual=y&type=1&team=&season=2023&seasonEnd=2023&org=&ind=0&splitTeam=false&players=&sort=13,1

He's 4th in wRC+, where his fellow elite draft pick Henry Davis is on top.

Triples!

I saw Kjerstad hit a triple in ST and make a nice running catch in the OF, and got the impression that he was faster than advertised.   I wouldn’t have guessed 93rd percentile though.   It will be interesting to see if he maintains something close to that.  

• Upvote 1

Prospect One: Episode 328 - Early Prospect Risers with Eric Cross of FTN on Apple Podcasts

About the 35:00-39:00 minute marker, they talk about Kjerstad.

It's a fantasy focus hosted by Chris Welsh (with Fantrax's Eric Cross) .  Apparently Kjerstad leads non-AAA MiLBers in HRs.  They anticipate Kjerstad will be a top 50 guy with their next rankings.

• Upvote 2
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, maybenxtyr said:

There's going to be some moves happening at some point soon I believe. I guess they really don't have to, but there's some MiL promotions that are just as important as what they do at the ML level.

I think they’ll consider moves around the end of the month.  Cowser got 49 games and 224 PA in AA before they moved him up.  Kjerstad’s not even halfway there yet.