Dean Kremer 2023

Just Regular

49 minutes ago, bpilktree said:

Yeah who wants a guy that constantly gives up 3 runs or less almost anytime he takes the mound.  He has given up 3 runs or fewer in 16 of his last 19 starts.  That is extremely consistent.  

Season ERA now exactly 4.50

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, ShoelesJoe said:

Orioles up 1-0 bottom of the third and Kremer walks the Padres' #9 hitter leading off the inning. Of course SD goes on to score three runs in the inning. That, in a nutshell, is Dean Kremer. #9 batters are putting up .267 / .327 / .489 against him this season, which is absurd for the spot in the lineup where opposing teams are putting their worst hitters. 

I know he's 11-4 coming in to tonight's game, but right now I dread Kremer's every start. 

That’s crazy.  If the worst thing you can say is that he has trouble with the no. 9 hitter, I’ll live with it.  It’s just one of those  weird baseball anomalies.  Last year no. 9 hitters had a .585 OPS against him.  

By the way, the whole team has issues with the no. 9 hitter: collectively they’ve allowed a .732 OPS, 3rd worse OPSA in MLB, and they’ve walked the no. 9 hitter 40 times (before tonight), 3rd most of any team in MLB.  Very frustrating.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, O's84 said:

I think some people are expecting too much of Kremer.  He's a back end SP who will keep in games for the most part.  He's not anything better.

Yea as much as we are of course rooting for him, he's hopefully not someone we are relying on in future years. 

Edited by G54377

7 hours ago, Frobby said:

That’s crazy.  If the worst thing you can say is that he has trouble with the no. 9 hitter, I’ll live with it.  It’s just one of those  weird baseball anomalies.  Last year no. 9 hitters had a .585 OPS against him.  

By the way, the whole team has issues with the no. 9 hitter: collectively they’ve allowed a .732 OPS, 3rd worse OPSA in MLB, and they’ve walked the no. 9 hitter 40 times (before tonight), 3rd most of any team in MLB.  Very frustrating.

Thanks for putting some numbers to that. I had made a comment in the game thread about how many times we seem to walk the #9 hitter to lead to a rally so good (or bad, as it were) to see the numbers back that up.

Like you said, very frustrating.

Kremer is fine but he is replaceable. The Orioles need to bring in a TOR type guy in the offseason.

Someone has to go/be replaced out of the group of 5 or 6 starters you have coming back.

Kremer can stay or he can be replaced. No biggie either way.

I will say this..he has value. He is eating innings and keeping us in games almost every start. The statcast numbers are ugly and the peripheral stats are just ok but there is enough there to be happy with him.

His ERA+ is below league average but I think that is about what he is..a league average-ish starter who, while cheap, has value. 

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, sportsfan8703 said:

Oh Geez. That was a Heck of a start by Kremer. A very tough crowd here. A QS against that lineup… I’ll take that all day. I love when Kremer pitches. 

Enjoyable reading…go back a few pages and read until current post:

Os Win: Kremer is a gamer, a grinder.

Os Lose: back of the rotation, sucks, replace him.

Pretty funny.

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Sports Guy said:

Kremer is fine but he is replaceable. The Orioles need to bring in a TOR type guy in the offseason.

Someone has to go/be replaced out of the group of 5 or 6 starters you have coming back.

Kremer can stay or he can be replaced. No biggie either way.

I will say this..he has value. He is eating innings and keeping us in games almost every start. The statcast numbers are ugly and the peripheral stats are just ok but there is enough there to be happy with him.

His ERA+ is below league average but I think that is about what he is..a league average-ish starter who, while cheap, has value. 

They are all replaceable if you have arms to replace him. We don’t …BTW, I think Kremer is closer to the pitcher he was last year than this year. I think he’s a solid 3 long term. With that said I see no reason to believe they will pay for a TOR whether is money due to Angelos or trade capital due to Elias.

8 hours ago, Moose Milligan said:

Kremer wasn’t great but I think getting dragged here is a bit much.  He wasn’t sharp but he got through 6 and gave his team a chance to win. That’s all you can ask for when someone doesn’t have their A-game. 

A few weeks in first place and some of you guys are acting like you deserve the ‘71 Orioles rotation.  Except you’d be pissed that there’s four 20 game winners and not five.

Most days when you score 2 runs you lose.

My feeling has been all season that our rotation can be, or does, keep us competitive in every game.  

There is a .4 run difference between the O's, and the best team ERA in baseball.  The team with the best ERA is 7.5 games behind us.  So what does .4 runs a game mean in the real world in terms of wins.